Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Los Angeles, CA /
G&A – Finance /
MediaLab is a media & technology company focused on acquiring and growing properties and global brands. The organization is a unique combination of private equity, holding company and operating entity. We continue to expand and are proud of the prominent market position of our brands.
Come join an exceptionally talented team of engineers, designers, product and business builders. HQ is located in sunny Santa Monica, California with growing teams in New York, and across cities in the US and Latin America.
Your Role at MediaLab
The FP&A Director will play a strategic role for forecasting, business planning, management reporting, and business analytics activities. They will bring outstanding planning and modeling skills with experience in the media and technology industry. This role will be dedicated to helping MediaLab stakeholders make well informed decisions through research and analysis using Company and market financial drivers and data.
This role is a hybrid position requiring occasional travel into our HQ in Santa Monica.
What You'll Do
- Design financial models and structure data to facilitate easy analysis and scenario planning in the future using both historical data, business model unit economic assumptions and industry metrics to create insightful forecasts
- Use of best practice techniques to ensure accurate and robust financial forecasts and feedback processes to iterate on plans with the relevant departmental and business unit leads
- Lead and coordinate the budget/forecast process in partnership with business leaders to deliver results aligned with strategic objectives
- Manage financial modeling and evaluation for prospective M&A opportunities
- Partner extensively with Accounting, Sales, HR, and Business Systems in order to maintain the highest level of data quality
- Design, develop, implement and improve processes related to budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting and analysis in high growth business
- Department Level Budgets: Partner with department leaders to build forecasts, understand priorities, construct financial budgets, track functional spend, and develop KPIs
- Independently resolve complex questions and requests from internal and external parties
- Work across all functions of the business to review budgets and forecast
- Lead process improvement initiatives to streamline monthly deliverables
What We're Searching For
- 8+ years in investment banking, private equity or in finance at a media/advertising/technology company. Combined experience across all a plus
- Advanced Excel, Powerpoint and Google Suite skills to build collaborative tools to collect and deliver information
- Clear understanding of GAAP accounting principles
- Accounting and/or Finance Degree with CPA and/or MBA a plus
- Experience designing and building multiple large financial models including three statement models and interfacing effectively with accounting systems and teams
- Must be extremely organized, detail oriented, and possess the drive to succeed within fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate complex ideas and processes in a simplified manner
- Team player with no ego, willing to roll up their sleeves where no task is too large or small
- A strong comfort level with analyzing large datasets and drawing meaningful conclusions/results that add value to the business