Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Argentina / Mexico
Genius – Engineering /
MediaLab is a media & technology company focused on acquiring and growing properties and global brands. The organization is a unique combination of private equity, holding company and operating entity. We continue to expand and are proud of the prominent market position of our brands.
Come join an exceptionally talented team of engineers, designers, product and business builders. HQ is located in sunny Santa Monica, California with growing teams in New York, and across cities in the US and Latin America.
Your Role at MediaLab
MediaLab Engineering supports a growing number of applications across multiple business verticals which have been acquired through a careful selection process to integrate with its internal Ad platform that processes billions of impressions a month. The technical effort involved is massive and we need go-getters looking to make a substantial impact.
We are looking for a seasoned full stack engineer to build out and manage projects within Genius, a global, community based application driven by passionate music lovers and content creators.
This role will require a hands-on, roll up your sleeves mentality and vary in percent of time focused on front versus back-end development. Day to day will focus on maintaining, implementing, expanding exciting features as well as activities associated with other areas such as database and architecture design.
Note: Location is flexible & we are happy to support remote employees across Latin America.
What You'll Do
- Work with product, design and other engineering teams to implement new features and transform existing products
- Build stable, extendable, testable code across a platform used by millions
- Participate in design and code reviews within the team and across other brands
- Deploy to Production and Staging environments
- Be available on the On-Call Schedule in case of outages
What We're Searching For
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in engineering
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar technical field of study, but not required
- Modern web backend experience like Ruby is preferred but Python, Django, Node are applicable
- Knowledge of either React or Rails is required
- Familiar with agile methodologies and proper testing efforts
- Enjoy continuous learning of new technologies and best implementations
At MediaLab, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.