Tech Lead, Assembly
Los Angeles, CA /
Assembly Exchange – Engineering /
MediaLab is a media & technology company focused on acquiring and growing properties and global brands. The organization is a unique combination of private equity, holding company and operating entity. We continue to expand and are proud of the prominent market position of our brands.
Come join an exceptionally talented team of engineers, designers, product and business builders. HQ is located in sunny Santa Monica, California with growing teams in New York, and across cities in the US and Latin America.
Your Role at MediaLab
MediaLab is building the Ad Platform of the future to maximize publisher value. MediaLab Engineering supports a growing number of applications across multiple verticals that integrate with our internal Ad platform, processing billions of impressions a month.
The Engineering team is composed of inquisitive, savvy engineers who have experience working in large scale systems. If you've designed complex, scalable systems, built powerful, easy to integrate SDKs, or worked on challenging problems in consumer products, this is the place for you.
The Assembly team works predominantly in Golang, and prior experience in this language is a strong requirement. More than checking the boxes on specific technologies though, we're looking for a driven engineer with real technical depth and a desire to understand the entire business. As the Tech Lead of Assembly, we want someone who is passionate about their craft and sees opportunity in providing technical guidance to the product while aiding in the development of an exceptionally talented engineering team.
What You'll Do
- Lead projects of various sizes in design and architecture through all phases including ideation, implementation and release
- Collaborate with the Assembly Product Management team on building and maintaining the product roadmap and contribute technical requirements and documentation
- Closely collaborate and align with other Tech Leads across MediaLab’s portfolio to integrate Assembly SDKs
- Partner with HR and Recruitment to hire, onboard, develop and support the engineers within the Assembly team
- Maintain and improve existing Golang code independently and in tandem with other members of the team
- Write tests for the existing code as well as new features
- Increase systems performance by identifying bottlenecks and developing clever solutions to solve them
- Help build and incentivize a culture of technical excellence by maintaining code quality standards through code reviews, design architecture and effective leadership when production issues arise
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Implement security measures and data protection
What We're Searching For
- At least 2+ years formal people leadership experience including performance reviews, personnel management, interviewing and hiring, etc.
- 10+ years experience as a professional software engineer
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study is preferred but not required
- Prior experience working within an Ad Exchange, SSP or DSP and/or substantial exposure to RTB, programmatic and other ad technology
- A passion for implementing best practices and a bias toward smart automation
- Extensive track record of collaborating with and mentoring other engineers
- Strong methods for documentation and ticket creation/ticket management
- Experience building massively distributed systems or building intuitive, feature-rich user interfaces
- Capable of autonomously prioritizing multiple projects across various deadlines
- Vast knowledge of Golang is critical. Previous experience with Typescript and ReactJS preferred
- Previous experience with microservices infrastructure, Docker and Kubernetes
At MediaLab, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.