General Manager (GM) DACH region (m/f/d)
Medici Living Group ( www.medici-living-group.com ) is pleased to announce an opening for a new role, General Manager (GM) DACH region. With a focus on technology and innovative living, our Group provides a unique, fully-furnished membership based co-living experience - created for global citizens with local spirit, located in the heart of cities across the world. We develop innovative and tech-enabled rental housing and are the largest co-living platform in the marketplace with over 1,800 units under management today. We run fully-serviced buildings under our brand QUARTERS, and we are accelerating our exciting growth journey.
Over the next two years, our goal is to establish a clear market leader position in Europe and the United States, to become the WeWork of the Co-Living space, and to define our very own asset class.
Check out our QUARTERS building in Chicago to get what we are all about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQeYlW7Fsio
And you have surely heard and read about our latest announcements? You can find out more here: 1.1 billion investment for Europe Expansion Medici Living Group and 300 million investment for US Expansion Medici Living Group
Are you ready to disrupt the real estate industry together with us?
As General Manager (GM) DACH, you will be responsible for driving continued success and business development in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, applying the right strategic approach paired with unrivalled operational expertise and relentless focus on our unique member experience. You lead your markets responsibly and effectively, with full P&L charge, You continue to lead the acquisition of QUARTERS-suitable buildings for your markets, driving ever expanding market share, and supporting our overall exponential growth. In more detail, these are some of
Your Key Responsibilities
- Generate and assess leads for new QUARTERS-suited buildings across the DACH region with new and existing partners, ensure high quality lead flow at all times
- Drive several multi-million €/$ negotiations with partners and landlords in parallel and to closure, maintaining healthy margins
- Lead and oversee the day to day business operations, delivering highest levels of sales execution and operational excellence
- Ensure that our standard service models and operating procedures are adopted, quality controlled and constantly optimized
- Motivate and coach the DACH team, ensuring peak performance at all times, backed by our company values
- Develop and implement scalable and efficient strategies to ensure both consistent results and exponential growth across the DACH region
- Share learnings and improvement ideas with other markets and the HQ for cross-functional learning and overarching impact
- Partner with the HQ and key external parties to secure an outstanding member experience, that is reflected in ever increasing NPS results.
You will be best positioned for success if these points describe
- 7+ years of experience in a general manager or managing director role within a high growth and fast-paced industry
- A proven track record of running and scaling businesses end to end across the DACH region, experience in further markets is a plus
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mindset with strong execution skills, especially in sourcing, negotiating and closing multi-million €/$ deals
- A detailed understanding of how to run a customer-centric operation, securing and sustaining ever-high engagement and satisfaction scores
- Fluent German and fluent Business English, both oral and written. Further language/s always a plus
- Experience in building, managing and leading a strong, diverse and regionally dispersed team
- Exceptional stakeholder management and influencing skills, especially of public authorities, policy makers and other key parties
- Ability to create lasting win-win situations that foster trust and strengthen relationships for future collaboration, both internally and externally
- A well-rounded, yet easy-going personality who enjoys being at the forefront of a spectacular growth and success story!
What We Offer
- Directly reporting to the CEO, you will be member of a stellar, diverse leadership team driving towards one goal, being the global leader in co living.
- A disruptive concept and a great product that is here to stay!
- An experienced founding team that has been with the company since its inception and is now leading its transformation to a global player
- The flexibility for you to be a true entrepreneur and shape the future of the company, and the real estate industry as a whole
- A flat hierarchy with a fun start-up lifestyle – enrich the experiences of our dynamic and highly motivated team members with your personality and your will to succeed
- Utmost flexibility with your personal life setup - this role requires mobility and presence on the ground, as long as you can commit to that we are relaxed which city you call home
- A company culture second to none, supported by strong values that we live and nurture every single day. Together, we #buildcommunity.
We look forward to getting to know you!