Internal Communications Manager
New York, San Francisco,or Remote within the U.S. /
Medium’s mission is to help people deepen their understanding of the world and discover ideas that matter. We are building a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers. We are creating the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas.
We are looking for an Internal Communications Manager to help Medians stay informed and connected with regard to People issues, including new policies, trainings, developments, and other People and culture-related communications.
This role will be a part of our People team and report to the VP, People.
What will you do?
- Review, edit and write clear and consistent employee-facing communications on behalf of various stakeholders
- Be a communications expert across multiple businesses, leaders, and geographies to develop content across internal channels, and promote company-wide roll-outs
- Design internal communications strategies that consider both proactive and reactive tactics.
- Examine current channels of communications and provide guidance on best channels for various communications
- Create and execute communication plans for large-scale change management projects including leadership transitions, process changes, reorganizations, etc.
- Own and maintain an internal communications calendar and manage content dissemination across various channels
Who you are?
- 7+ years professional communications experience; preferred focus on internal communications
- You have exceptional storytelling, writing, and presentation skills
- You understand how to create thoughtful and creative narratives and communication strategies to influence perception and behavior
- Experience building communication plans as well as executing against them
- Experience supporting People team communications
- Experience in crisis response
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.
Please note that communication regarding your application, interviews, and job offers will only come from e-mail addresses ending in"@medium.com". Anything else is not a legitimate outreach.