Senior Full Stack Engineer, Activation
Remote within the U.S. /
Medium’s mission is to help people deepen their understanding of the world and discover ideas that matter. We are building a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers. We are creating the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas. To do that, we create simple and beautiful product experiences that prioritize the user.
Every month, millions of people read Medium content on the web through their desktop and mobile devices. We’re looking for engineers to help create the best reading experience possible for our users on the web. With a strong focus on growth and personal development, Medium is the ideal place to develop your skills in an environment that is built on mutual trust and respect.
What will you do?
As a Senior Full Stack engineer on the Activation team, you'll be responsible for growing our user base through attention to the user experience as they first visit the site. You’ll architect and build product features ranging from signing up/in, putting new and interesting content in front of users to demonstrate the value of Medium, and helping users understand the benefits of membership. The activation team is really interested in experimentation and seeing what works for our users and what doesn’t . You’ll collaborate closely with colleagues in design and product, and bring innovative and delightful designs to life. You’ll sweat the details and make things shine.
Who are you?
- You have 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- You have experience in programming and interacting with APIs.
- You enjoy being a generalist, with a willingness to work on both frontend and backend.
- You have some experience building single page web applications.
- You are flexible, dedicated, and curious.
- You believe in the craft of software engineering, but are pragmatic when necessary.
- You draw inspiration from prior art, but are driven to innovate beyond it.
- You respectfully challenge your peers, and welcome being challenged.
- You are passionate about learning, and want to help us learn too.
We'd particularly love if:
- You have experience in scalable systems
- You have experience with AWS(RDS, SQS, DynamoDB)
- You have experience working in a service-oriented or microservice architecture
- You have deep knowledge of API design principles and best-practices, caching, resiliency, RPC, REST, and HTTP
- You have experience with growth and user acquisition funnel
- You have experience with event tracking and A/B testing
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.