Senior Engineering Manager - Growth Platform
New York, San Francisco,or Remote within the U.S. /
Medium’s mission is to help people deepen their understanding of the world and discover ideas that matter. We are building a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers. We are crafting the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, experts, and storytellers can share big, innovative ideas.
We’re looking for an Senior Engineering Manager to lead Medium’s Growth Platform team, where they’ll be responsible for guiding strategic initiatives to drive Medium’s reader, creator, and subscriber growth. They'll have the opportunity to grow and inspire a team of talented engineers, work collaboratively to define team roadmaps, and ultimately enable the team to perform and execute to its full potential. We prioritize fast iteration without compromising quality, while maintaining an attention to detail that leads to the kind of thoughtful user experiences that we’re known for.
At Medium, we are proud of our product, our team, and our culture. Medium’s website and mobile apps are accessed by millions of users each day. We’re looking for mindful, empathetic, and self-aware leaders to join our team and help us move thinking forward. With a strong focus on growth and personal development, Medium is the ideal place to develop your skills in an environment that is built on mutual trust and respect.
What will you do?
- You will lead a team that's focused on building out a foundational platform for growing Medium’s user base and business. You will be responsible for growing and inspiring this team of engineers through a combination of coaching, mentoring, feedback, and hands-on career development.
- You will work collaboratively with partners from Marketing, Product, and Design to define the team strategy and roadmap, and then help the team execute on that roadmap using agile development methodologies.
- You will help your team make smart technical decisions that balance both short-term and long-term goals.
- You will cultivate a healthy, collaborative engineering culture that’s in line with our values.
Who are you?
- You have 5+ years of professional software development experience, and 4+ years of recent experience managing an engineering team.
- You have a track record of building and retaining diverse, high-performing teams that have a culture of quality and continuous improvement.
- You have built and shipped high quality consumer facing products in a fast-paced, agile product development team.
This role is based in our San Francisco office, New York office, or remote within the US.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun and challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media.
Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that communication regarding your application, interviews, and job offers will only come from e-mail addresses ending in"@medium.com". Anything else is not a legitimate outreach.