Technical Program Manager, Reader Experience
Remote within the U.S. /
Medium’s mission is to help people deepen their understanding of the world and discover ideas that matter. We are creating the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager focused on driving complex, multi-disciplinary projects within our reader experience group. This group strives to make the experience of reading and discovering on Medium the best it can be. We prioritize fast iteration without compromising quality, while maintaining an attention to detail that leads to the kind of thoughtful user experiences that we’re known for. With a strong focus on growth and personal development, Medium is the ideal place to develop your program management skills in an environment that prioritizes mutual trust and respect.
What Will You Do?
As a Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for scoping, planning, and delivering reader experience group projects. This includes gathering requirements, managing schedules, maintaining backlogs, and communicating clearly with stakeholders. We have a strong focus on optimizing and evolving processes, using Agile methodologies such as Scrum to structure our work and elevating efficiency through tools. This role will require collaborating with engineering teams, product owners, designers, and other functions to deliver high-impact outcomes.
Who are you?
- 5+ years of experience in technical project/program management
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Delivered programs end-to-end from inception to delivery
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams and demonstrating thought leadership
- Analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving experience
- Practical understanding of software development such as front end development, APIs, databases, and back end services
We'd particularly love:
- Certified Scrum Master or other Agile leader roles
- Managed large-scale technical implementations
- Experience with product development process and understanding prioritization, strategy, and product MVP
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.
Please note that communication regarding your application, interviews, and job offers will only come from e-mail addresses ending in "@medium.com". Anything else is not a legitimate outreach.