Staff Software Engineer
Remote within the U.S. /
Medium’s mission is to help people deepen their understanding of the world and discover ideas that matter. We are building a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers. We are creating the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas. To do that, we create simple and beautiful product experiences that prioritize the user.
Every month, millions of people read Medium content on the web through their desktop and mobile devices. We’re looking for engineers to help create the best reading experience possible for our users on the web. With a strong focus on growth and personal development, Medium is the ideal place to develop your skills in an environment that is built on mutual trust and respect.
What will you do?
- You’ll implement product enhancements that create a first class reader experience on the web.
- You'll collaborate closely with product, design, and engineers across product and infrastructure teams to plan the team backlog.
- You'll maintain architectural and design principles on the team.
- You’ll learn about a wide breadth of Medium’s product surface and engineering stacks.
- You'll mentor younger engineers on the team.
Who are you?
- You have 12+ years of software engineering experience.
- You are passionate about learning new things.
- You are a team player willing to lend support when necessary.
- You believe in the craft of software engineering, but are pragmatic when necessary.
- You draw inspiration from prior art, but are driven to innovate beyond it.
- You respectfully challenge your peers, and welcome being challenged.
We'd particularly love it if:
- You have a deep passion for building great user experiences
- You are familiar with GraphQL and RESTful APIs
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.
Please note that communication regarding your application, interviews, and job offers will only come from e-mail addresses ending in "@medium.com". Anything else is not a legitimate outreach.