Site Reliability Engineer
San Francisco, NY or Remote w/in U.S.
Medium’s mission is to help people deepen their understanding of the world and discover ideas that matter. We are building a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers. We are creating the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas.
We’re looking for engineers who are mindful, empathetic, self-aware, and ambitious to join our team to help us move thinking forward. With a focus on growth and personal development, Medium is the ideal place to develop your skills in an environment that is built on mutual trust and respect.
What will you do?
As a site reliability engineer at Medium, you will work closely with product and infrastructure engineering teams to help them run services with a production mindset. This includes making sure proper SLIs are in place to meet desired SLOs and that error budgets are reasonable. At times you will need to add necessary features in order to meet the demands surrounding SRE methodologies.
Who are you?
- You have supported production systems.
- You have 2+ years of site reliability engineering or equivalent experience.
- You are passionate about availability and performance.
- You understand the benefits of reducing toil.
- You are proficient at programming and interacting with APIs.
- You are flexible, resilient, and curious.
- You draw inspiration from prior art, but you feel compelled to innovate beyond it.
- You respectfully challenge your peers, and welcome when others challenge your thinking.
We'd particularly love it if:
- You have experience with AWS or other cloud providers.
This role can be based in San Francisco, New York, or be remote within the U.S.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.