Director of Product Management
Medium’s mission is to help people deepen their understanding of the world and discover ideas that matter. We are building a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers. We are creating the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas.
We are looking for a product leader to help us drive user growth and engagement. As a Director of Product Management, you’ll play a key role in helping us achieve our mission by improving the core product experience. You’ll define the product vision for content discovery on Medium, and collaborate with your partners in engineering, design, user research and data science to ship simple, delightful and engaging experiences to our users. And you’ll help recruit and build our product organization.
What will you do?
- You will define the product vision and strategy for user engagement on Medium
- You will work with our product science and user research teams to develop insights into the behaviors and needs of Medium users, and translate those insights into hypotheses, tests and features for how we can improve the product
- You will recruit and lead a team of high performing product managers, helping to develop their craft and career paths
- You'll thrive in a competitive environment and understand best practices in web and mobile user experiences
- Drive thinking and execution into new product areas
Who are you?
- You have at least 10 years experience as a PM, primarily working on consumer web and mobile applications
- You have at least 5 years experience building and leading teams of high-quality product managers
- You have proven experience defining product strategy, building product roadmaps, and working collaboratively with design and engineering peers
- You have shipped products that have delivered meaningful business results
- You care deeply about user experience, and have a vision for how Medium can make words and ideas matter in the lives of our users
This position is located in our San Francisco office.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We understand the value of diverse backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.