Senior Product Manager, Recommendations
At Medium, words matter. We are building the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas; a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers.
Every day, Medium delivers personalized recommendations to millions of users in our apps, on our site and in our email products. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to collaborate with our discovery and recommendations engineering team to improve the quality of those recommendations, matching users with the stories that are best for them to read.
What will you do?
- Develop and own the product vision and roadmap for Medium’s recommendations system and personalization products, keeping your colleagues up to date on your top level goals, timelines and progress
- Be the subject matter expert on our recommendation system, and push our thinking forward about personalization strategies for Medium
- Collaborate with engineering, design and other product managers to integrate our recommendations system with the overall content discovery experience in Medium’s apps, website and email products
- Prioritize requests and ideas, and ship experiments to test bold product hypotheses designed to improve our ability to recommend the best stories to readers
- Deeply understand the technology behind Medium’s recommendation systems, and become an expert in what technology and approaches are used in the market
Who are you?
- You have at last five years of product management experience, working preferably on large-scale consumer applications
- You have at least three years of experience as a PM working on recommendations, personalization or search features
- You have strong quantitative skills, and demonstrated experience applying them to your product work through impact modeling and experiment analysis
- You are an analytical product manager, but welcome the challenge of developing human-centered experiences and have strong product instincts
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
This position is located in our San Francisco office.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.