Senior Product Manager
At Medium, words matter. We are building the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas; a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers.
We are looking for a creative and operational thinker that’s fueled by an entrepreneurial spirit to join our tight-knit group of product managers. This position requires a highly empathetic and collaborative Product Manager with excellent communication skills and a proven track record of shipping great products. In this role you will work closely with leadership and other members of the team to help shape the future of Medium.
What will you do?
- Define the vision and roadmap for a key product area at Medium
- Collaborate with design and engineering to launch new features that create an experience that delights users
- Work with our product science and user research teams to develop insights into the behaviors and needs of Medium’s users, and translate those insights into hypotheses, tests and features for how we can improve the product
- Understand the competitive environment and monitor best practices in web and mobile user experiences
- Collaborate with our product marketing team to drive adoption and usage of the features you ship
Who are you?
- You have at least 5 years experience as a PM working on consumer web and mobile applications.
- You have proven experience building product roadmaps, defining experiments and working collaboratively with design and engineering peers.
- You have shipped products that have delivered meaningful business results.
- You welcome the challenge of developing human-centered experiences and you thrive in ambiguity. You have strong product instincts, but keep those in check with a strong eye towards data.
- You care deeply about user experience, and have a vision for how Medium can make words and ideas matter in the lives of our users.
This position is located in our San Francisco office.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We understand the value of diverse backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.