Content Operations Lead
Remote, United States /
Medium enables readers to become more informed and escape the filter bubbles that are all around us. We are building a better place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas; a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers.
We are seeking a strategic, creative, and systems-minded manager to join our Content team to oversee all content and creator operations, including workflows, creator onboarding processes, support, payments, story production, launch calendars etc. We’re looking for someone passionate about both the written word and process, who understands how to build systems that can scale, and who is a master at organization and improving operations. Our Content team is focused on supporting Medium’s growing creator community, and will look to this role to create and scale systems to manage creator relationships. And as our strategy grows and evolves this role will determine the needs of the team and resourcing it accordingly. Interested in joining us?
What will you do?
- Work closely with our Creator teams to help identify, onboard, manage and support Medium creators. Our goal is to build solid, long-term relationships with the creators using our platform
- Refine the whole process above to make it more efficient and seamless by developing a robust system/CRM for creators
- Assist our Creator Workshops team in scheduling and producing our on-going workshop series
- Actively manage and own project timelines, cross-functional meetings and relationships for large packages, seasonal events, or special projects for the Content team
- Be an expert of the Medium product and work cross-functionally with product, marketing, design department and user services teams to meet creator needs
- Communicate with curation, audience development, marketing, and design/photo about relevant stories for themes, special projects, and timely events
- Send, manage, and redline contracts and associated budgets
- Manage vendor relationships related to Content, such as a our editorial subscriptions and stock photo agencies
- Resource and manage freelance copy editors, fact-checkers, editors and creatives as needed
Who are you?
- 4-7 years in creator support, editorial, project management, administration, or production in a creative environment (media, tech, academia, etc.)
- Real passion for interesting stories and ideas
- Top-notch organizational skills
- Previous experience with contract management and redlines
- Experience in defining and refining process
- Previous management or mentorship experience
- Proficiency in Google applications, Asana/Trello or other editorial management tools, Airtable, Github (or can pick up new tools easily)
- Always on the lookout for newer and better tools
- Inside experience with an Internet publisher
- You're able to work well with multiple functions in a tech environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with Medium and its unique opportunities for expression and interaction.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer.