Senior iOS Engineer
At Medium, words matter. We are building the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas; a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers.
We’re looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to join our talented cross-functional Mobile Team, where they’ll own key aspects of our iOS application and contribute to our core mobile architecture. We’re looking for an experienced engineer who can build beautiful, polished user experiences and architect elegant, maintainable code. We prioritize fast iteration without compromising quality, while maintaining an attention to detail that creates the kind of thoughtful interactions we’re known for.
At Medium, we are proud of our product, our team, and our culture. Medium’s website and mobile apps are accessed by millions of users each day. We’re looking for mindful, empathetic, and self-aware engineers to join our team to help us move thinking forward. With a strong focus on growth and personal development, Medium is the ideal place to develop your skills in an environment that is built on mutual trust and respect.
What will you do?
As an iOS engineer at Medium, you will be responsible for developing major new features in the Medium iOS app, as well as driving improvements to the existing iOS codebase using Objective-C, Swift, and the core iOS SDKs. You will work in a fast paced, collaborative environment with product managers, designers, and Android engineers all on the same team, working together to build a world class reading experience that we’re all proud of.
Who are you?
- You have 5+ years of professional software development experience and 3+ years of experience building native iOS apps.
- You have a robust knowledge of Objective-C, Swift, and the iOS development ecosystem as a whole.
- You’ve built complex, high quality iOS applications, and have a strong knowledge of iOS app design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- You have a deep understanding of the iOS platform, including different device capabilities, battery life, performance, and push notifications.
- You have experience writing automated tests for iOS applications.
- You work autonomously, and are more energized by missions and goals than a specific list of tasks.
Nice to haves
- A strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures and object-oriented methodologies.
- Experience writing web services or other server-side components.
- Experience leading projects or teams of engineers.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer
Sound like you? We'd love to hear from you.