Senior Platform Engineer
Senior Platform Engineer
At Medium, words matter. We are building the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas; a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers.
We are looking for a Senior Platform Engineer that will work with a talented multi-functional team and design solutions to complex technology problems. We are looking for experienced engineers to build and iterate on our next generation platform. Our efforts encompass a business-critical, cutting edge GraphQL API platform paired with focused microservices and related technologies.
At Medium, we are proud of our product, our team, and our culture. Medium’s website and mobile apps are accessed by millions of users each day. Our mission is to move thinking forward by providing a place where individuals, along with publishers, can share stories and their perspectives. Behind this beautifully-crafted platform is our engineering team who works seamlessly together. From frontend to API, from data collection to product science, Medium engineers work multi-functionally with open communication and feedback.
What Will You Do?
• Gather, understand, and prioritize requirements, research potential solutions, rapidly build prototypes, and distill and communicate what was learned, expected risks, necessary resources, potential security concerns.
• Provide high-level technical design, strategy roadmap development, and technical architecture related to our GraphQL API layer and related infrastructure used by React clients built by product teams.
• Assure that our architectures are consistent with industry best practices including scalability, availability, maintainability, and flexibility.
• Communicate strategies and processes around our approach to GraphQL and related APIs to cross functional groups and senior level management.
Who are you?
• You’re a polyglot engineer that has mastered several languages or frameworks including any one or more of the following: Node, React, Go, GraphQL or Python.
• You have experience defining and modeling a consumable API
• You work autonomously, are energized by missions and goals more than a specific list of tasks.
• You have a BS in Computer Science / Software Engineering or similar field/discipline
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer
Interested? We'd love to hear from you.