Senior Fullstack Engineer
Permanent, Full Time
We want to create a world where people can live longer, fuller, happier lives.
Medopad partners with scientists, technologists and healthcare professionals to understand, treat and ultimately prevent ill health by using insights gathered through remote monitoring. We give knowledge and power to those with medical conditions, while saving clinicians time, energy and valuable resources.
In 2018, Linkedin named us as of the top 25 most sought after start-ups to work for; Crunchbase put us in the Top 10 AI companies in Europe; and our CEO won CEO of the Year at Webit Festival. The Journal of mhealth listed us in the Global Health 100 for 2019.
Find out what it’s like to work for us here.
The Engineering team is made up of talented, resourceful, fun loving individuals with a drive to build a product that solves one of the biggest global challenges – human longevity. Every day we work at the bleeding edge of technology to build secure, reliable, scalable solutions that will allow each doctor to treat thousands of patients more effectively.
As our Senior Fullstack Engineer, you'll be responsible for building & designing the products that help us extend life. Working in all stages of the software development, you'll champion the user, Clinicians or Patients and help us create amazing products which bring natural adherence and enthusiasm for use. You'll be happy driving us towards the right solutions and be unafraid of real data proving you wrong.
How can you contribute?
- Help solve business critical problems through technology
- Champion the user at every turn, ensuring we create the best possible experiences
- Build and iterate upon our core applications and other incredible projects
- Be a part of a self organising, results oriented Agile team
- Experimenting with new tools and technologies to produce cutting-edge solutions to business problems
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features
- Maintain code quality and organisation
Who fits this role?
- Some experience with RESTful API’s, basic HTTP knowledge, GET/POST etc
- Commercial experience of modern web development using technologies like React, Redux, TypeScript, modern CSS frameworks and webpack
- Appreciate good design, or, even better, have been involved with interface or interaction design, or user experience projects
- Ability to coach & mentor more junior team members
- You are mission driven and determined to build exceptional product
- A natural interest in learning new languages/technologies and solving complex problems
- Experience of end to end full software development life cycle and best practice methodologies
- BSc degree in a Mathematical, Physic or Computer Science related discipline or equivalent practical experience
Nice to Have
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with sophisticated AWS deployments and tooling eg. Terraform
- Full stack development experience, especially Python
- Experience with styled-components
What we offer
- Share option scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Company maternity & paternity scheme
- Latest generation MacBook Pro & office equipment
- A pet-friendly office
- Daily breakfast, snacks, and Friday lunch
- In-house massage and meditation
- 5-a-side football, running, walking clubs; bike to work scheme
We believe magic happens when you bring together diverse ideas, experiences, and styles. We want to create a world where people live longer, fuller lives, and to do that well we need a team that represents all of the people and communities who use our solutions. We are an environment where everyone has the opportunity to do their best work; come and join us.
If there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive, please get in touch.
To all recruitment agencies: Medopad does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Medopad employees or any other organization location. Medopad is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Salary: £50,000 - £80,000
Post Date: 5th September 2019
Close Date: 3rd October 2019