Senior DevOps Engineer
Permanent, Full Time
We want to create a world where people can live longer, fuller, happier lives.
Medopad partners with scientists, technologists and healthcare professionals to understand, treat and ultimately prevent ill health by using insights gathered through remote monitoring. We give knowledge and power to those with medical conditions, while saving clinicians time, energy and valuable resources.
In 2018, Linkedin named us as of the top 25 most sought after start-ups to work for; Crunchbase put us in the Top 10 AI companies in Europe; and our CEO won CEO of the Year at Webit Festival. The Journal of mhealth listed us in the Global Health 100 for 2019.
Find out what it’s like to work for us here.
The Engineering team is made up of talented, resourceful, fun loving individuals with a drive to build a product that solves one of the biggest global challenges – human longevity. Every day we work at the bleeding edge of technology to build secure, reliable, scalable solutions that will allow each doctor to treat thousands of patients more effectively.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will take responsibility for developing and maintaining our AWS platform and take an active role in designing, developing and maintaining our Python based backend infrastructure.
How can you contribute?
- Drive robustness, security and high availability of the platform and data
- Improve developer productivity through new tools and practices
- Design and develop data protection and disaster recovery systems
- Evangelise automation practicesDevelop deployment pipelines and manage deployments
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Take part in vendor selection and manage the technical integration with our platform
Who fits this role?
- Minimum 5-year experience
- In depth understanding of Python, REST APIs, DynamoDB, API GW, Cognito, SQS, SNS and, ideally, GraphQL
- Extensive experience with AWS. Developed with AWS SDK (boto3). AWS Certifications are a plus
- Managed and developed Jenkins pipelines. Ability to evolve and maintain docker-based CI/CD setup.
- Experience developing scalable serverless or containerised services with Python (Lambda preferred)Experience with software development best practices (TDD, “Clean Architecture”,)
- Infrastructure as code: Terraform and CloudFormation
- Server automation using configuration systems (e.g. Ansible)
Nice to have
- Experience with HIPAA and secure data management practices
- Knowledge of stream processing and microservices architecture systems
- Experience using a property graph database (Neo4j, Neptune)
- Chinese language skills
What we offer
- Share option scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Company maternity & paternity scheme
- Latest generation MacBook Pro & office equipment
- A pet-friendly office
- Daily breakfast, snacks, and Friday lunch
- In-house massage and meditation
- 5-a-side football, running, walking clubs; bike to work scheme
We believe magic happens when you bring together diverse ideas, experiences, and styles. We want to create a world where people live longer, fuller lives, and to do that well we need a team that represents all of the people and communities who use our solutions. We are an environment where everyone has the opportunity to do their best work; come and join us.
If there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive, please get in touch.
To all recruitment agencies: Medopad does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Medopad employees or any other organization location. Medopad is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.