Who we are
Albert is a new type of financial service that uses powerful technology to automate your finances, with a team of human experts to guide you. Albert saves and invests automatically for you, helps you avoid overdrafts, finds savings you’re missing, identifies bills you’re overpaying, and much more. Text Albert a financial question, and we’ll not only offer guidance; we’ll help you make it happen.
We’re an LA-based startup with a proven business model, backed by top-tier institutional investors, with over 2 million users who have trusted Albert to help them achieve their financial goals. We’re on a mission to improve the financial lives of millions of people with a beautifully-designed, simple product, and we’re looking for thoughtful, talented people to join us on our journey.
About the role
As we expand our marketing efforts at Albert, we’re looking for a skilled designer to support our advertising, content marketing, and brand building efforts. You will work closely with the marketing and design leads to develop engaging, original creative that echoes and extends Albert's brand.
Success in this role requires a collaborative mindset, a refined sense of aesthetic, and an ability to craft a range of compelling creative. The right candidate will have worked with established or emerging consumer brands, managed a variety of design projects, and have a natural instinct for capturing the attention of a millennial and zillennial audience.
This is an opportunity to make a significant contribution to a rapidly-growing, mission-driven company.
Things you're good at
- Storytelling. You have a talent for creative vision and an intuitive sense for visual storytelling that's engaging and relatable for a digitally native audience.
- Range. You are equally comfortable illustrating, producing a video ad, and developing static creative for a social media post.
- Ownership. You are a self-starter who takes full responsibility for your work and deliverables, thinking holistically about the objectives of the projects you're working on.
- Organization. You are detail-oriented and structured, taking a systematic approach to your work.
- Communication. You always keep the lines of communication open and seek out feedback on a regular basis.
- Develop unique, stand-out advertising creative, in video, animation, and still formats.
- Assist with video editing and production needs, as necessary.
- Collaborate with the content marketing and copywriting team to create compelling & engaging social media content.
- Ensure creative is consistent with the company’s brand and design direction.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, from concepts to deliverables.
- 3+ years of experience as a visual designer or similar role at a consumer-focused product company.
- A portfolio showcasing your design, process, and your proficiency in delivering compelling creative product.
- Expert eye for creative that resonates with and engages digitally native consumers.
- Expert eye for typography, color, and layout.
- Bachelor’s degree in art, graphic design, or related field.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Free lunch