About the role
Albert handles hundreds of millions of data points, meaningful concurrency, and thousands of text messages per day. We’re looking for a python expert who can build beautiful user experiences with us, build scaleable systems, and develop state of the art machine learning algorithms to power Albert's advice engine.
Things you're good at
* Shipping: Delivering great products that you're proud of on a regular basis.
* Architecture: Getting it done is important. Getting it done in a way that sets us up for the scope of our ambitions is equally important.
* Diving in: Taking ownership of the back-end stack.
* Collaboration: We bring the best out of each other. We're looking for people who will bring the best out of all of us.
Who we are
Albert is a new type of financial service that uses powerful technology to automate your finances, with a team of human experts to guide you. Our geniuses find savings you’re missing, identify bills you’re overpaying, help you pay down debt faster, save automatically for you, and much more. Text Albert a financial question, and we’ll not only offer guidance but help you make it happen.
We’re an LA-based startup with a proven business model, backed by top tier institutional investors, and over 500,000 users who have trusted Albert to help them achieve their financial goals. We’re on a mission to improve the financial lives of millions of people with a beautifully designed, simple product, and we’re looking for thoughtful, talented people to join us on our journey.
- Deep involvement in the back-end stack (python/django/heroku/celery)
- Help us continue to build an infrastructure that can scale to millions of users
- Speed is a feature: build and deploy software that delights because it’s fast
- Improve our tech stack, tools, and processes
- Participate and lead discussions and brainstorms to contribute ideas and feedback. We work together.
- Write clean, well tested and modular code.
- 3+ years of experience writing production full-stack software
- BS, MS and/or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- Familiarity with python/django
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Free lunch
- Your own hardware budget