Vice President, User Acquisition
Who we are
Albert is a new type of financial service that uses powerful technology to automate your finances, with a team of human experts to guide you. Albert saves and invests automatically for you, helps you avoid overdrafts, finds savings you’re missing, identifies bills you’re overpaying, and much more. Text Albert a financial question, and we’ll not only offer guidance; we’ll help you make it happen.
We’re an LA-based startup with a proven business model, backed by top-tier institutional investors, with over 2 million users who have trusted Albert to help them achieve their financial goals. We’re on a mission to improve the financial lives of millions of people with a beautifully-designed, simple product, and we’re looking for thoughtful, talented people to join us on our journey.
About the role
As the Vice President of User Acquisition at Albert, you will be responsible for managing the company’s user acquisition (UA) efforts across the major online advertising platforms, including planning; ad creative & testing; ad trafficking; budget allocation; performance optimization; and data analytics.
You will work closely with the CMO to refine UA strategies and tactics as we scale our subscriber base. We’re a lean, fast-moving organization looking for a detail-oriented professional with an entrepreneurial spirit who takes a methodical, data-driven approach to their work.
The ideal candidate will have direct experience managing eight-figure UA budgets at an established or emerging consumer technology company. Experience with app- and/or subscription-based businesses is a plus.
This is an opportunity to make a significant contribution to a rapidly-growing, mission-driven company.
Things you're good at
- Planning: you take a systematic approach to work, defining measurable goals and objectives for each project.
- Executing: you know how to get projects done without losing sight of the details.
- Creativity: your analytical skills are balanced by a strong creative sensibilities.
- Collaborating: you’re comfortable working closely with key stakeholders to develop and deliver effective UA campaigns.
- Managing: you're good at leading a team, empowering your direct reports, and making their success your top priority.
- Oversee daily campaign performance across multiple UA channels.
- Manage ad spend based on campaign performance and growth goals.
- Lead the ad creative development and testing processes.
- Track KPIs, run regular analyses on user behavior, and develop actionable insights to inform our growth strategy.
- Interface with marketing leadership regularly to fine-tune UA tactics and strategies.
- Engage with Design, Product, and Finance, as necessary, to develop new UA campaigns and optimize existing campaigns based on growth goals.
- 5-8 years of hands-on experience managing online user acquisition campaigns at product-driven consumer technology companies.
- A history of success running UA campaigns on Facebook, Google, and/or Snap ad platforms at the scale of seven- to eight-figure budgets.
- A track record of managing and optimizing UA budgets to established KPIs.
- Strong Excel and general analytical skills.
- Solid project management, leadership, and communication skills.
- Experience hiring, managing, and leading a team.
- A proven ability to think holistically about growth, across user acquisition, user experience, and retention/engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., Business, Marketing, Statistics, Finance). Advanced degree a plus.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Free lunch