San Francisco, CA
Our mission is to give every patient a guide in the healthcare system.
Karuna's software allows patients to stay in touch with their care teams using the same channels they use with friends and family: from Whatsapp and text messaging to voice calls and video. To handle the increased volume and quality of interactions, our automation tools help care teams prioritize, measure their performance, and cut through back office work so that they can focus on doing what they do best: building authentic relationships with the patients who need them most.
Our focus today is on care management, a niche part of the healthcare ecosystem dedicated to serving the most vulnerable and sickest members of our communities. In the future, we will enable healthcare organizations to build deeper, more impactful relationships with every patient, while also helping them expand the scope and accessibility of their services for all.
As the first sales hire at Karuna, you will take us from a founder-driven sales startup with a handful of early customers to an enterprise sales machine reaching and empowering 100,000s of patients around the country.
- Systematize and augment our sales process.
- Qualify and generate leads.
- Develop customer-specific proposals, presentations, and demos.
- Work to understand the needs of individual customers and our customer base as a whole.
- Build and develop a high-caliber sales team from the ground up.
- Work with the product team to feed sales insights back into the product roadmap.
- Drive revenue growth through proactive outreach to new customer segments.
- 5+ years in enterprise healthcare sales.
- A proven track record of exceeding sales goals as an individual contributor.
- Expert at qualification, demos, understanding the decision-making process, contract negotiation, and ensuring customer success.
Skills We'd Like to See
- 2+ years at at early stage startup.
- Existing relationships with decision-makers at major healthcare organizations.
- Deep understanding of incentives structures in healthcare.
Who You Are
- Have passion and drive for sales and business development. This is your craft.
- Actively choose progress over perfection.
- Possess a strong bias towards getting it done. You take initiative and don’t need to wait for permission.
- Deeply mission driven and motivated by empowering patients when they feel helpless, anonymous, and alone.
- Comfortable with, embrace, and thrive in uncertainty.
- Scrappy and able to demonstrate results with limited resources.
Why You Should Join Us
- Be on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company.
- Have the autonomy to develop a sales process with a brilliant and enthusiastically supportive team.
- Learn best practices from world class investors and advisors including First Round Capital, Founder Collective, SV Angel, and BoxGroup.
- Shape the culture of sales at Karuna.
Karuna Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.