San Francisco, CA
At Karuna Health, we give every patient a guide in the healthcare system. Personal care integrates naturally into every aspect of our organization. We are building a mission-focused, inclusive, and motivated team to scale a quality patient experience.
Karuna's software allows patients to stay in touch with their care teams using the same channels they use with friends and family: from Whatsapp and text messaging to voice calls and video. To handle the increased volume and quality of interactions, our automation tools help care teams prioritize, measure their performance, and cut through back office work so that they can focus on doing what they do best: building authentic relationships with the patients who need them most.
We focus on care management, a niche part of the healthcare ecosystem serving the most vulnerable and sickest members of our communities. Karuna engineers enable healthcare organizations to build deeper, more impactful relationships with every patient, expanding the scope and accessibility of their services for all.
Product design is key to the development and integration of our products. At Karuna, you will play a central role in shaping the future of patient care tools through conducting and analyzing user research to intentionally wireframe seamless design solutions.
- Lead a design-oriented and intentional product design process
- Work directly with engineering team to shape product roadmap
- Wireframe and generate mockups
- Perform user research through usability testing and customer feedback
- Contract to full-time hire
- 3+ years of industry experience in design
- Collaborative experience working with engineering teams to develop a product
- Ability to rapidly wireframe and prototype
- Thoughtful execution of design challenges through user research and engagement
- Visual and interaction design ability
Skills We'd Like to See
- Experience at an early-stage startup
- Interest in healthcare technology
- Experience with user research
Who You Are
- Have passion and drive for product design. This is your craft.
- Actively choose progress over perfection.
- Possess a strong bias towards getting it done.
- You take initiative and don’t need to wait for permission.
- Deeply mission driven and motivated by empowering patients when they feel helpless, anonymous, and alone.
- Comfortable with, embrace, and thrive in uncertainty.
- Scrappy and able to design meaningful products with limited resources.
Why You Should Join Us
- Learn best practices from world class investors and advisors including First Round Capital, Founder Collective, SV Angel, and BoxGroup.
- Be on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company.
- Have the autonomy to build something with a brilliant and enthusiastically supportive team.
Karuna Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.