Customer Success Manager
San Francisco, CA
At Karuna Health, our mission is to give every patient a guide in the healthcare system.
Karuna's software allows patients to stay in touch with their care teams using the same channels they use with friends and family: from Whatsapp and text messaging to voice calls and video. To handle the increased volume and quality of interactions, our automation tools help care teams prioritize, measure their performance, and cut through back office work so that they can focus on doing what they do best: building authentic relationships with the patients who need them most.
Our focus today is on care management, a niche part of the healthcare ecosystem dedicated to serving the most vulnerable and sickest members of our communities. In the future, we will enable healthcare organizations to build deeper, more impactful relationships with every patient, while also helping them expand the scope and accessibility of their services for all.
As the first customer success hire at Karuna, you will lead the charge to make sure our customers are satisfied and retained as we move from a handful of early clients to reaching and empowering 100,000s of patients around the country.
- Own the customer experience at Karuna with a focus on strategic planning and relationship building.
- Build and maintain deep and trusting relationships with the healthcare organizations we serve.
- Manage contract renewal and negotiation, including sales of additional services to existing clients.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to address technical support challenges.
- Feed insights from your day-to-day into our product roadmap, collaborating with our product and engineering teams.
- Leverage your relationships with happy customers to generate content for lead generation and referrals.
- 3+ years in a customer success role for a SaaS product.
- Demonstrated ability to drive retention.
- A proven track record of managing large clients, preferably in the healthcare space, but at a minimum within complex, enterprise environments.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
Skills We'd Like to See
- 2+ years managing relationships with healthcare organizations.
- 1+ years at an early stage startup.
- Existing relationships with decision-makers at major healthcare organizations.
- Deep understanding of incentives structures in healthcare.
- Data-driven and analytical with the ability to identify and respond to trends across our customer base.
Who You Are
- Have passion and drive for customer success and client relations. This is your craft.
- Actively choose progress over perfection.
- Possess a strong bias towards getting it done. You take initiative and don’t need to wait for permission.
- Deeply mission driven and motivated by empowering patients when they feel helpless, anonymous, and alone.
- Comfortable with, embrace, and thrive in uncertainty.
- Scrappy and able to demonstrate results with limited resources.
Why You Should Join Us
- Be on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company.
- Have the autonomy to develop a customer success process with a brilliant and enthusiastically supportive team.
- Learn best practices from world class investors and advisors including First Round Capital, Founder Collective, SV Angel, and BoxGroup.
- Shape the culture at Karuna.
Karuna Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.