Senior Product Lead
San Francisco, CA
Our mission is to give every patient a guide in the healthcare system.
Karuna's software allows patients to stay in touch with their care teams using the same channels they use with friends and family: from Whatsapp and text messaging to voice calls and video. To handle the increased volume and quality of interactions, our automation tools help care teams prioritize, measure their performance, and cut through back office work so that they can focus on doing what they do best: building authentic relationships with the patients who need them most.
Our focus today is on care management, a niche part of the healthcare ecosystem dedicated to serving the most vulnerable and sickest members of our communities. In the future, we will enable healthcare organizations to build deeper, more impactful relationships with every patient, while also helping them expand the scope and accessibility of their services for all.
We're currently seeking an experienced product lead to take responsibility for bringing Karuna's vision to life. Leading Product at Karuna is about taking complex problems—problems that involve messy incentives, people, old technology, and technology that hasn’t even been built yet—and coming up with creative solutions to better guide patients through the healthcare system. We are drastically rethinking the way the patient journey has been handled until now, and we need you to help us shape and execute on that vision.
- Own the product development process. Collaborate with the founders to design, prototype, test, and iterate on solutions that fundamentally change the way patients experience the healthcare system.
- Engage with stakeholders in a complex B2B environment. Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to bring the voices of our customers and end-users into the product development cycle.
- Collaborate directly with the founders and advisory board to shape and realize our culture and vision.
- Shape the structure and function of Karuna's product vision and team from the ground up.
- 5+ years experience leading engineering, design and research teams developing software products and technologies.
- Of these 5+ years, 1+ should be in a pre-product market fit environment.
- You have partnered with and managed go-to-market teams, successfully launching products (bonus: in the healthcare industry).
- Emotional intelligence: the ability to truly understand what each individual on your team needs to thrive and feel fulfilled.
- Ability to attract fantastic people and inspire them to do their best work.
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities (both written and oral)
Skills We'd Like to See
- 2+ years working in healthcare.
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance and Marketing.
- Demonstrated passion for healthcare technology.
- Understanding of and interest in incentives in healthcare.
Who You Are
- Have passion and drive for product development. This is your craft.
- Actively choose progress over perfection.
- Possess a strong bias towards getting it done. You take initiative and don’t need to wait for permission.
- Deeply mission driven and motivated by empowering patients when they feel helpless, anonymous, and alone.
- Comfortable with, embrace, and thrive in uncertainty.
- Scrappy and able to build meaningful products with limited resources.
Why You Should Join Us
- Be on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company.
- Have the autonomy to build something with a brilliant and enthusiastically supportive team.
- Learn best practices from world class investors and advisors including First Round Capital, Founder Collective, SV Angel, and BoxGroup.
Karuna Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.