Chief Medical Officer
San Francisco, CA
Our mission is to give every patient a guide in the healthcare system.
Karuna's software allows patients to stay in touch with their care teams using the same channels they use with friends and family: from Whatsapp and text messaging to voice calls and video. To handle the increased volume and quality of engagement, our automation tools help care teams prioritize, measure their performance, and cut through back office work so that they can focus on doing what they do best: building authentic relationships with the patients who need them most.
Our focus today is on care management, a niche part of the healthcare ecosystem dedicated to serving the most vulnerable and sickest members of our communities. In the future, we will enable healthcare organizations to build deeper, more impactful relationships with every patient, while also helping them expand the scope and accessibility of their services for all.
As Karuna's Chief Medical Officer (part-time or full-time), you will work closely with our executive, business development, and product teams and be responsible for bringing our product to market through physician-led sales and product design.
Karuna is a venture-backed startup founded and advised by leaders in healthcare technology. Our investors include First Round Capital, SV Angel, Founder Collective, and BoxGroup.
- Work with the product team to ensure the clinical safety and effectiveness of our platform.
- Collaborate with our sales and business development groups to identity and capture new market segments.
- Communicate our product's clinical value to key customer groups.
- Keep up to date on applicable regulation and safety standards.
- Oversee the HIPAA compliance program at Karuna.
- Medical degree with 4+ years clinical experience and 2+ years in a managed care environment.
- 3+ years management experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excels at pitching products to potential clients.
- Technically adept and experienced with web technologies.
Skills We'd Like to See
- Clinically relevant experiences in outpatient settings.
- 2+ years working at an early stage startup.
- Experience working with engineering, design and research teams developing software products and technologies.
- Existing relationships with decision-makers at major healthcare organizations.
- Experience with HIPAA compliance management.
Who You Are
- Actively choose progress over perfection.
- Possess a strong bias towards getting it done. You take initiative and don’t need to wait for permission.
- Deeply mission driven and motivated by empowering patients when they feel helpless, anonymous, and alone.
- Comfortable with, embrace, and thrive in uncertainty.
- Scrappy and able to demonstrate results with limited resources.
Why You Should Join Us
- Be on the ground floor of a rapidly growing company.
- Have the autonomy to lead with a brilliant and enthusiastically supportive team.
- Learn best practices from world class investors and advisors including First Round Capital, Founder Collective, SV Angel, and BoxGroup.
- Shape the culture, both clinical and organizational, at Karuna.
Karuna Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.