Director of Marketing
New York City
Who We Are
Summer’s mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save time and money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise and innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country. Our founding team draws on years of experience in public policy, law, consumer finance, and engineering to tackle one of the greatest challenges of our generation.
We’re registered as a public benefit corporation as part of our commitment to helping all borrowers improve their financial health through better repayment strategies. We're also backed by a team of world-class investors, including General Catalyst, NextView, Greycroft, Foundation Capital and Story Ventures, and our university partners include Yale and Tufts.
Summer is seeking a Director of Marketing for our NYC office. In this role, you will lead the company's marketing efforts—including email, social media, content marketing, targeted ads, and creative campaigns—through the following responsibilities:
- Understand Summer's product offerings and how they address borrowers' needs
- Coordinate email outreach to both new and existing borrowers
- Develop our content marketing strategy to leverage our position as a thought leader in the personal finance and student debt space
- Lead SEO efforts to increase brand awareness and drive user growth
- Deploy growth hacking strategies to reach audience of student loan borrowers and key industry players
- Track and improve funnel metrics across product offerings
- Creatively work with the product team to bring user feedback to life with new features and offerings
- Collaborate with the executive team to achieve company growth goals in line with our social mission
As Director of Marketing, you will lead our efforts to build a trusted user brand and pursue new growth opportunities. We are seeking a teammate with 7+ years of relevant marketing experience within consumer-facing tech organizations. We will be evaluating your track record of building and scaling marketing efforts as well as your experience managing high-performing teams. A quantitative approach to understanding and measuring marketing initiatives will also enable success in this role. If you're process-oriented and excited to take ownership of our marketing efforts to build a brand that's breaking down barriers to higher education, you'll be a great fit.
Values + Benefits
We're proud to be a mission-driven company with an inclusive culture. Our greatest asset is the set of values our team strives to embody every day in our office (located next to Grand Central): empathy, diversity, growth, determination, humility, and fun. Read more about what these mean to us at https://www.meetsummer.org/careers.
We also offer significant equity allocations, healthcare coverage, and flexible vacation/PTO.
Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you. Join us to help fix the system!