New York City
Who We Are
Summer’s mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save time and money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise and innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country. Our founding team draws on years of experience in public policy, law, consumer finance, and engineering to tackle one of the greatest challenges of our generation.
We’re registered as a public benefit corporation as part of our commitment to helping all borrowers improve their financial health through better repayment strategies. We recently raised our Series A and are backed by a team of world-class investors, including General Catalyst, NextView, Greycroft, Foundation Capital, Story Ventures, and QED Investors—and our first partner is Yale University.
As a QA Engineer, you will embody Summer’s commitment to quality and direct our efforts to maintain product reliability, with the following responsibilities:
- Understand Summer's product offerings and how they address borrowers' needs
- Work alongside product team to analyze design specs and detect potential issues in early stages of development
- Devise and implement appropriate manual testing strategies
- Develop automated QA test scripts where appropriate
- Identify and log defects through tests and create tickets to ensure timely resolution of identified issues
- Collaborate with product and development teams to ensure stability and durability across all products
We are seeking a teammate with 3+ years of experience working in QA at a software company, including experience in both automated and manual testing practices. We will be evaluating your track record of troubleshooting issues and performing root cause analysis. If you’re process-oriented and excited about fintech innovation at a company that’s breaking down barriers to higher education, we’d love to chat!
Technologies We Use: Node, Postgres, React, Redux
Values + Benefits
We're proud to be a mission-driven company with an inclusive culture. Our greatest asset is the set of values our team strives to embody every day in our office (located next to Grand Central): empathy, diversity, growth, determination, humility, and fun. Read more about what these mean to us at https://www.meetsummer.org/careers.
We also offer significant equity allocations, healthcare coverage, and flexible vacation/PTO.
Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you. Join us to help fix the system!