Client Success Associate
New York City
Business + Operations
Who We Are
Summer’s mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save time and money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise and innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country. Our founding team draws on years of experience in public policy, law, consumer finance, and engineering to tackle one of the greatest challenges of our generation.
We’re registered as a public benefit corporation as part of our commitment to helping all borrowers improve their financial health through better repayment strategies. We recently raised our Series A and are backed by a team of world-class investors, including General Catalyst, NextView, Greycroft, Foundation Capital, Story Ventures, and QED Investors—and our first partner is Yale University.
As a founding member of Summer’s Borrower Success Team, you’ll work directly with student loan borrowers to help them navigate federal forgiveness and repayment programs. With training and hands-on experience, you’ll become an expert in the student loan landscape and will be the first point of contact for our users. You’ll also be integral to developing internal systems and processes to scale a growing team and help thousands of borrowers who are new to Summer.
You’ll get to:
- Understand Summer's product offerings and how they address borrowers' needs
- Engage in inbound and outbound communication with borrowers via phone, email, and live chat
- Review and submit applications for federal loan programs
- Assist in building and maintaining an interactive knowledge center to address common inquiries
- Proactively suggest and implement ideas and automations that can help scale the team
- Bring user feedback to life with the product, design, and engineering teams to create new features and offerings
- Collaborate with the Head of Borrower Success to achieve team and company growth goals in line with our social mission
We are seeking teammates with 1-3 years of relevant work experience in a customer success or client experience role. Experience in finance (including financial aid or fintech) is a plus. This position will report to the Head of Borrower Success.
We will be evaluating your track record of providing excellent user experiences as a dedicated team member. You’ll be a great addition if you’re an excellent communicator with an eye for detail. Finally, we are excited to work with teammates who are passionate about applying their talents in a fast-paced startup environment to tackle a major social issue of our time.
Values + Benefits
We're proud to be a mission-driven company with an inclusive culture. Our greatest asset is the set of values our team strives to embody every day in our office (located next to Grand Central): empathy, diversity, growth, determination, humility, and fun. Read more about what these mean to us at https://www.meetsummer.org/careers.
We also offer significant equity allocations, healthcare coverage, and flexible vacation/PTO.
Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you. Join us to help fix the system!