Head of Customer Success
New York City
Who We Are
Summer’s mission is to help the 45 million Americans burdened by student debt save time and money through smart, algorithm-based recommendations. Summer combines policy expertise and innovative technology to serve student loan borrowers across the country. Our founding team draws on years of experience in public policy, law, consumer finance, and engineering to tackle one of the greatest challenges of our generation.
We’re registered as a public benefit corporation as part of our commitment to helping all borrowers improve their financial health through better repayment strategies. We're also backed by a team of world-class investors, including General Catalyst, NextView, Greycroft, Foundation Capital and Story Ventures, and our university partners include Yale and Tufts.
Summer is seeking a Head of Customer Success for our NYC office. In this role, you will orchestrate the company's user success strategies and lead the customer success team to deliver an excellent experience for student loan borrowers through the following responsibilities:
- Understand Summer's product offerings and how they address borrowers' needs
- Help onboard new users—both individual borrowers and partner organizations
- Answer user questions and coordinate system of support tickets to leverage the team's expertise
- Develop interactive knowledge center to address common inquiries
- Implement framework to minimize churn, collect feedback, and increase user satisfaction
- Creatively work with the product team to bring user feedback to life with new features and offerings
- Collaborate with the executive team to achieve company growth goals in line with our social mission
As Head of Customer Success, you will be the first point of contact for student loan borrowers interacting with Summer's product offerings. We are seeking a teammate with 5+ years of relevant work experience in a related customer success role within a consumer-facing tech organization. We will be evaluating your track record of building and scaling customer success systems as well as your experience managing high-performing teams. A quantitative approach to understanding and measuring user behavior will also enable success in this role. If you're process-oriented and excited to take ownership of our user success efforts to build a brand that's breaking down barriers to higher education, you'll be a great fit.
Values + Benefits
We're proud to be a mission-driven company with an inclusive culture. Our greatest asset is the set of values our team strives to embody every day in our office (located next to Grand Central): empathy, diversity, growth, determination, humility, and fun. Read more about what these mean to us at https://www.meetsummer.org/careers.
We also offer significant equity allocations, healthcare coverage, and flexible vacation/PTO.
Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you. Join us to help fix the system!