Product Marketing Manager
Marketing – Marketing /
Reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer based in San Francisco, the Product Marketing Manager will be based in the United States. A successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a significant impact at one of the world’s most disruptive and transformational technology companies.
This individual will have considerable B2B product marketing experience in the IT services space. The ideal candidate will have a firm understanding of enterprise IT transformation in cloud adoption, particularly in the public cloud arena, as well as a keen understanding of data networking principles at layer 2 and layer 3.
You will be responsible for developing targeted messaging/positioning, value propositions, personas, segments, use cases, thought leadership and marketing and sales enablement programs to enable effective selling and brand recognition. You will work with a number of cross functional teams including product management, sales, business development, and field marketing to drive adoption of Megaport services in the enterprise IT space.
The ideal candidate is strategic, collaborative and organized, and works seamlessly to manage a dynamic workload. This candidate should thrive working in a fast paced work environment with a continued push to expand the target market through technology and partnerships. Attention to detail and the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into tangible benefits and value propositions are integral to the success of this position.
Your ability to translate the customer journey into product positioning, business-relevant solutions, collateral, and marketing initiatives will have a measurable impact on Megaport, our partners, and customers, and help shape the market.
Megaport has transformed the way IT gets connected. We're global leaders in Network as a Service (NaaS), changing the way businesses reach the cloud. We're also a leading partner to Amazon, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Oracle, NYSE, and many other leading technology companies. Megaport is a publicly traded company on the Australian Stock Exchange with a market cap exceeding $2 Billion. We’re a lean, high-achieving team made up of over 230 members globally. While the company is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, employees are spread out across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Staff enjoy an environment that is collaborative, supportive, and fun.
Our Team Culture
Join a team of globally-positioned industry experts that lead by example. We do not compromise our values for commercial gain; we are all custodians of our culture, and the customer is at the centre of everything we do. Our employees are motivated, adaptable, persistent, hard-working, and dynamic. Our culture permeates everything we do and this, in turn with a global vision, forms a commitment to each other, our customers, and shareholders alike.
What you'll be doing
- Content, Messaging, and Collateral – Develop content to position existing and future product and feature releases to the right audience, at the right time.
- Define and Refine Go to Market - Build segmentation, buyer personas/profiles, and document buyer behavior to map to sales and marketing activities that drive product adoption.
- Demand Generation - Build and manage marketing programs and campaigns to educate buyers and partners in collaboration with Digital Marketing and Regional Marketing to drive product and feature adoption. Identify and target key channels based on personas and segments.
- Sales Enablement - Collaborate with commercial teams to build tools and programs that increase sales effectiveness and drive revenue.
- Evangelize - Serve as market-facing SME/thought leader and interface with media and industry analysts as company representative.
- Product Launch Planning - Execute product/feature launches across cross-functional teams (spanning Product, Marketing, Services, Sales) and develop related sales enablement.
- Product and Competitive Intelligence - Develop insights from product metrics, plus user and buyer feedback to inform user experience strategy.
- Collaborate with Product Management to establish a continuous feedback loop (encompassing market trends, customer needs, and competitive factors) to influence the product development roadmap and mitigate product and brand gap.
What we are looking for
- 6+ years of product marketing or product management experience in B2B IT services or equivalent technology sector.
- Demonstrable ability to understand customer and market needs, then translate these into product and GTM marketing plan.
- Effective communication skills, including writing and presentation, and the ability to translate complex, technical concepts into customer-friendly content.
- Strong analytical skills; demonstrated capabilities executing end-to-end quantitative and qualitative customer research and effectively identifying and interpreting key findings.
- Experience developing and validating positioning, category creation, messaging, and competitive segmentation.
- Player-coach Mindset – Enthusiastic about developing the plan, but also doing the work.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and work with a high degree of independence and autonomy.
- High level understanding of cloud, networking and Enterprise IT solutions a must.
- Please provide previous work samples when applying.
What we offer
- Flexible working environments with the ability to do your job from anywhere
- Birthday Leave
- Generous study and training allowance + development opportunities
- Creative, fun, and contemporary workspaces
- Motivated team of industry experts and new talent
- Celebrated success with ‘Legend’ and ‘Kudos’ Awards
- Health and wellness program
- Opportunities for career growth and potential for global intra-company transfers for interested candidates
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Candidates who meet the selection criteria will be invited to attend an interview.