Business Development Manager - Spain & Portugal
Madrid / Spain
Sales – EMEA - Direct Sales (Emerging) /
Full-time - Permanent /
Megaport has transformed the way IT gets connected. We're global leaders in Network as a Service (NaaS), changing the way businesses reach the cloud. We're also a leading partner to Amazon, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Oracle, NYSE, and many other leading technology companies. Megaport is a publicly traded company on the Australian Stock Exchange. We’re a lean, high-achieving team made up of over 250 members globally. While the company is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, employees are spread out across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Staff enjoy an environment that is collaborative, supportive, and fun.
Our Team Culture
Join a team of globally-positioned industry experts that lead by example. We do not compromise our values for commercial gain; we are all custodians of our culture, and the customer is at the centre of everything we do. Our employees are motivated, adaptable, persistent, hard-working, and dynamic. Our culture permeates everything we do and this, in turn with a global vision, forms a commitment to each other, our customers, and shareholders alike.
Megaport is experiencing exceptional growth in Southern Europe, we are looking for driven individuals who want to influence that growth, and who are excited at the opportunity to further develop and expand Megaport in the Spanish market. We want you to build a reputation for being an expert in the field of SDN, cloud interconnection and SD-WAN.
In this pivotal position, reporting directly to the Head of Sales - Southern Europe, you will play a crucial role in advancing our reach and connections with businesses in Spain and Portugal. Your primary focus will be on championing and selling our distinctive value proposition. If you're eager for a role that empowers you to shape outcomes, contribute significantly, and join a swiftly expanding, collaborative, and adaptable sales team, then this opportunity is tailor-made for you. It's essential to emphasize that this role is a direct contributor, with a focus on impact, rather than a managerial role involving people management.
What You’ll Be Doing
- This is a hybrid role with a focus on both Direct and Indirect selling:
- Create, develop and secure new business through direct prospecting in dedicated territory.
- Develop a direct enterprise customer engagement program using existing resources.
- Research current business drivers, their business strategic objectives, internal investment areas and key stakeholders to inform the client account strategies.
- You will be required to use the information gathered on target markets, potential clients and the most favourable business models, and partner with the sales management and marketing teams to define the most effective strategies to penetrate markets effectively.
- Collaborate with members of the sales management, solutions architects and marketing teams to create go-to-market campaigns and programs that will be used to target potential markets and clients within those markets.
- You will support sales and solutions engagements to ensure go-to-market is understood and executed.
- Contribute to the pre-sales process by working with the relevant internal stakeholders to craft the best solution design for the client when required.
- Recruit, onboard and develop scalable channel partners to generate new business in existing accounts and new markets.
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship with partners by demonstrating a strong understanding of their businesses.
- Engage in technical conversations with partners; execute complex technical designs for them; learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of Megaport’s products and solutions, and be able to engage in technical discussions with our customers, prospects, and prospective partners.
What We Are Looking For
- Strong knowledge of the Spanish IT ecosystems.
- Direct and indirect sales experience selling ‘as a service’ or network solutions.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple business units, partners and solution teams in complex engagements.
- Established partner network in Spain, demonstrated ability to build and maintain executive-level relationships with customers, partners and internal team.
- Ability to articulate a high level of understanding of data networking, cloud computing and virtual private networking.
- Consultative selling skills and a proven track record of consistently achieving or exceeding revenue targets.
- Self-motivated and results-driven, with strong demonstrable prospecting, qualifying and closing skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset; flexible and adaptable, able to learn new things quickly.
- Comfortable working in a flexible and remote, globally distributed work environment with the ability and willingness to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Native Spanish speaker with business-level proficiency in English required.
What We Offer
· Competitive Compensation Packages
· Flexible working environments
· Birthday Leave
· Generous study and training program + 5 days paid study leave
· Additional Leave via Purchased Annual Leave Scheme
· Health and Wellness Program
If you have any questions, please reach out to Megaport's Talent Acquisition Team at Careers@megaport.com
NOTE: All Megaport business correspondence is conducted via our business email accounts (@megaport.com). If you have any concerns, please reach out to Megaport's careers team firstname.lastname@example.org directly and we will verify the legitimacy of any communication. Megaport will not ask you to create an account via Microsoft teams, and does not associate with any email accounts under "@megaportau.com".
All applications will be treated in confidence.