HR – Employee Experience /
About the company
Meilisearch is on a mission to help developers create great search experiences. We want to make it easy to find anything anywhere by providing a Rust-based search engine with a focus on usability and intuitive API design.
We are a fully open-source company: from our search engine, to our design specifications, to our official SDKs and libraries, everything we do is public, transparent, and made in collaboration with our vibrant community.
Founded in 2018, Meilisearch is headquartered in Paris. We completed a $15 million round of funding in September 2022, and are backed by leading international investors Felicis Ventures, CRV, LocalGlobe, Mango Capital, Seedcamp, and Vercel CEO Guillermo Rauch.
About the role:
At Meilisearch, the People scope involves recruitment, employee administration, payroll, culture & values, diversity & inclusion, employee experience, and a part of company knowledge management.
As a People Ops reporting to the Head of People, your role will be 80% operational and 20% strategic. From an operational standpoint, you’ll manage the HR activity's administrative and logistical aspects. Keeping in mind that our organization is fully remote, you will also be expected to impact the employee experience at Meilisearch, by offering new ideas to improve things like well-being, informal communication, etc., gathering insight from other companies, and gathering feedback from employees to know what works and what doesn’t.
This role is an opportunity to impact employee well-being and our company culture directly. The HR scope being wide, you’ll be able to take part in diverse HR projects depending on your affinities.
In this context, you will collaborate on a day-to-day basis with the Head of People and will work very generally with all employees within the company. You’ll also liaise with the founders regarding company organization, and with our accountant and legal advisors for administrative aspects.
What you’ll be doing:
As a People Ops your role will include:
Manage onboarding and offboarding processes.
Oversee employee equipment allocation and maintenance.
Implement and manage the employee well-being program, including tracking tool usage and updating resources.
Animate company Slack by fostering communication, organizing random coffees, and initiating informal discussions.
Demonstrate creativity regarding ways to improve remote employee experience.
Handle administrative onboarding tasks such as contract creation and social declarations.
Collaborate with our accountant for annual financial declarations.
Participate in recruitment processes.
Assist in preparing company-wide meetings (Heartbeats).
Maintain and update the company handbook.
Document internal company processes.
Continuously discuss with teams in order to improve and streamline our usage of tools (Notion, Slack,…).
Organize bi-annual global company offsites.
Coordinate internal remote events.
Manage budgets associated with events.
Draft employer branding articles emphasizing company culture, events, and other pertinent topics.
Oversee ordering and distribution of employee goodies.
Create and post content on LinkedIn, highlighting company achievements and culture.
Required Hard Skills:
- Fluent in English & French
- Tech-savvy and resourceful with proficiency in updating handbooks and company web pages.
- Proven experience in event organization.
- Basic understanding of French labor law and associated administrative processes.
- Strong writing skills.
Required Soft Skills:
- Creative and curious with a flair for ideation, especially in areas of communication, employer branding, and employee experience.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal. Must view employees and managers as internal clients, ensuring prompt and positive communication.
- Organized with the ability to set deadlines, manage events, and handle administrative tasks, especially legal and financial aspects, transparently.
- Results-driven with a focus on company objectives and stakeholders' expectations. Should be business-oriented, understanding the ROI on implemented initiatives.
- Autonomous, proactive, and solution-driven.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
Please send us your resume and a quick note of why you might be a good fit for this job.
Screening interview (45min): If your profile fits, our Head of People will contact you for a video call to get to know you better (who you are, your background & ambitions, company culture & company ambition). If it doesn't fit you will get an email from us.
Hiring Manager interview (1h): you will meet the Head of People (again), and one of the co-founders. They will assess your technical fit with the role and ask you questions about your way of working.
Technical Assessment: you will be given a case study to work on at home. A debrief will be organized with your future manager and another person from the team.
Team-fit interview (1h) You will meet one or two people from teams you will engage with every day, to speak about your experience, and skillset and to assess your fit with Meilisearch values.
Reference check. At the same time we will conduct a reference check with 2 people of your choosing, who you are working with or have worked with the past.
Meilisearch is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to develop an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our open-source community.
Why you'll enjoy working with us
- Permanent full-time contract,
- Stock options,
- We are open to fully remote applications, as long as you are between GMT-4 and GMT+5 time zones,
- 4 day work week & flexible working hours,
- If you’re working from home, we will provide either a stipend for you to equip yourself, or an access to Fleex (Europe). We also reimburse up to 500 EUR / month for your co working expenses,
- Access to a mental health platform (moka.care) + 6 sessions with a coach/trained therapist,
- We support physical health and provide either a membership or a stipend for your sports activities each month,
- 3 months paid parental leave,
- 6 weeks paid time off,
- Management training to freshly hired and newly appointed managers,
- We all get together at least once a year for a company offsite.
Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend not to apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We strive to develop an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our open-source community. We strongly encourage you to apply!