Senior DevOps Engineer
Toronto, ON /
Technology – DevOps /
Permanent (Full Time)
Mejuri is the category-defining fine jewelry brand redefining luxury, your way. Feeling disconnected from an industry that typically markets to men, co-founder and CEO Noura Sakkijha leveraged her learnings as a third-generation jeweler to rethink the way women purchase jewelry—for themselves. In only seven years, and with a team of over 75% women, Mejuri has shipped over one million orders and opened retail stores across the globe, all while introducing new products weekly.
As part of Noura’s original vision to empower women to invest in themselves, the brand launched the Empowerment Fund to support underrepresented women and non-binary individuals with the tools to empower themselves. Mejuri continues to reach new customers through exciting community initiatives and expansion into international markets, such as the UK, Australia and Germany.
We are a team of retailers, creatives, technologists and strategists, and we are looking for someone special to join our team.
We are hiring a Senior DevOps Engineer to create a tech-led, best-in-class omni-channel experience for our customers. We’re a global, omni-channel company with interesting eCommerce, manufacturing, and fulfillment related tech challenges to overcome to support our growth. Our ideal candidate (hopefully you!) will have a passion for driving forward ambitious goals, solving complex business problems with code, diving into the details to get things done! In this role, you will be responsible for unleashing developer productivity across the company. We do so by building the tools, services, systems, and infrastructure that teams across the company use on a daily basis. We are in the early process of building platforms (cloud, mobile, design systems) for engineers to be able to quickly innovate while providing operational safety, security, and best practices out of the box. As well as building a great foundation, you will also be responsible for spreading knowledge throughout the other teams to make sure everyone is taking advantage of the easy-to-use infrastructure, and applying the best practices when it comes to CI/CD and related tooling.
What you'll do:
- Optimize our CI/CD workflow and tooling
- Advocate for best practices in CI/CD and release management
- Recommend and implement improvements to our infrastructure, include resource consumption and cost optimization
- Architect and manage intuitive development tooling for other engineers / teams
- Build and maintain highly available production systems and plan disaster recovery strategies
- Continue scaling our monitoring and alerting for services and infrastructure resources
What you bring to the team:
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, ECS, RDS, ElasticCache, Cloudfront, Cloudwatch, and Lambda.
- You have strong experience working with cloud (AWS), Docker and containerization technologies such as Kubernetes, and Terraform
- You have experience in a large-scale build/release engineering environment with strong CI/CD principles
- You have experience with system administration or infrastructure maintenance
- You have good knowledge of design patterns, system architecture, and best practices
- You are enthusiastic about open-source contributions
- You love to automate things!
What we consider an asset:
- Experience working in a direct-to-consumer company, or startups.
- Experience or interests working on distributed systems.
- Experience working with New Relic and ELK.
Benefits at Mejuri:
• A minimum of three weeks vacation, plus personal days and three religious observance days.
• A hybrid work model for all corporate roles.
• ‘Mejuri Passport’ which allows employees who meet specific criteria to work in other locations for one month per year.
• Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees. We also offer bereavement leave, including miscarriage and stillbirth support.
• Parental leave salary top-up of up to 80%, as well as a personalized return-to-work transition and accommodation plan for full-time employees.
• Semi-annual performance reviews.
• Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
• A generous product discount!
Please note that these benefits apply to full-time employees.
At Mejuri we embrace a hybrid working environment and support our corporate employees to be successful whether they are at home or in the office. The primary purpose of our offices is to drive collaboration and deepen relationships with one another.
Accommodation / Accessibility:
Mejuri does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, ancestry, colour, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, family status or marital status, or any other protected category recognized by provincial or federal laws.
Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application.