Vice President of Product
New York, NY /
Digital Product /
Permanent (Full Time)
Mejuri is a direct-to-consumer approach to buying jewellery for the modern woman. We are about making luxury a habit – disrupting the traditional jewellery industry to make fine jewellery affordable and empowering women to purchase for themselves. Series B funded, and one of the fastest growing global digital brands, we are backed by strong VC investors such as Natalie Massenet’s Imaginary Ventures, NEA and Felix Capital.
We focus on perfecting every customer touchpoint, creating the best digital and offline experiences and content that is conversational and engaging. We are a team of designers, writers, technologists and strategists, and we are looking for someone special to join our team and help us make luxury fun and accessible.
“Mejuri redefines personal jewelry decisions” – Forbes
“75 per cent of Mejuri’s customers are women buying for themselves, and 30 per cent make repeat purchases each month. Among those filling their virtual baskets? Lizzo, Selena Gomez, Margot Robbie and Oprah Winfrey.” – British Vogue
We are looking for a product visionary that can lead, manage and cultivate the product organization to deliver best-in class experiences and services. By working closely with our President/Co-Founder and senior leadership across the organization, you will help shape the vision, prioritize and execute a successful technology roadmap to help us achieve our strategic goals.
The candidate will manage and grow a strong team of individuals in product management and design. You will closely partner with our engineering team and enhance our operational discipline, program management, processes and methodology and make sure our resources are deployed efficiently and effectively. The Candidate will align with Product, Engineering, Digital Merchandising, Design, Delivery and Data teams on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate is business minded, strategic, analytical, strong engineering knowledge and has in-depth knowledge of consumer businesses. This person would work cross functionally with marketing, retail, operations, international, and other departments as Mejuri continues to expand its products/services, open retail stores and expand internationally.
- Define and execute a product strategy and clear product roadmap to hit company goals and objectives
- Produce and manage product roadmaps, feature backlogs and documentation of products
- Increase critical engagement metrics of e-commerce channels and internal operational metrics
- Implement various AB testing of new features while assessing against user data, customer needs, business potential and technical feasibility
- Assist in enhancing Engineering processes, release strategy and overall software development operations with the goal of shipping product on time, within budget and with quality
- Use market and customer insights to deeply understand our customers to uncover creative solutions to their problems or needs
- Energize the company with a real passion for our digital product and create a culture that values the role of product
- Understand various customers, markets, and competitors to drive product strategy and solve complex business decisions
- Create a competitive advantage through innovations and superior customer experiences
- Define and analyze metrics that contribute to product success
- Partner with leaders in engineering, retail, marketing, CX and operations to align the product roadmap with commercial activities leading to increased revenue and retention
- Based on a deep understanding of the market and competition, define milestones for product releases that lead to significant adoption and revenue for the BU
- Build and mentor a team of product managers, designers and engineers to ensure motivation, accountability and cohesion of efforts
- Partner with international and marketing teams to understand localization of experiences as we expand internationally
- Create an experimentation and metrics driven environment that leads to impactful improvements on the business and our customers
The successful candidate will have:
- 10+ years of experience in product management leadership role within a fast growing business
- Deep knowledge in agile methodologies
- Technical fluency, understand complex architectures, UI, Back-end, and work with the engineering team to understand when to make a technical trade-off
- A bachelor's degree is required
- An engineering degree is a major plus
- Experience with e-commerce, retail or a B2C business
- Very analytical and has used BI tools
- A true self starter and results oriented
- Ability to work cross functionally within all organizational levels
- Worked in a startup or high growth environment
Working at Mejuri = Solid Gold
Mejuri aspires to not only inspire and empower our customers, but to build an inspiring, empowering and thoroughly modern workplace.
Beautiful, light filled plant and dog-friendly office
Competitive health, mental health, dental and vision benefits for you and your family
Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
Wellness - Private wellness/prayer/pumping room, and a lifestyle spending account for health and fitness needs
Parental leave top up program (80% for 4 months)
*Stay shining with a generous employee discount
Mejuri is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mejuri welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.