Senior Manager, Finance & Accounting
Toronto, ON /
Permanent (Full Time)
Mejuri is a direct-to-consumer approach to buying jewellery for the modern woman. We are about making luxury a habit – disrupting the traditional jewellery industry to make fine jewellery affordable and empowering women to purchase for themselves. Series B funded, and one of the fastest growing global digital brands, we are backed by strong VC investors such as Natalie Massenet’s Imaginary Ventures, NEA and Felix Capital.
We focus on perfecting every customer touchpoint, creating the best digital and offline experiences and content that is conversational and engaging. We are a team of designers, writers, technologists and strategists, and we are looking for someone special to join our team and help us make luxury fun and accessible.
“Mejuri redefines personal jewelry decisions” – Forbes
“75 per cent of Mejuri’s customers are women buying for themselves, and 30 per cent make repeat purchases each month. Among those filling their virtual baskets? Lizzo, Selena Gomez, Margot Robbie and Oprah Winfrey.” – British Vogue
Mejuri is seeking a highly skilled, experienced Senior Manager, Finance & Accounting to join our organization. This role reports directly to our Senior Director of Finance and as a key member of the Mejuri Finance team, you will be responsible for overseeing the accounting, global consolidation, financial reporting, and financial operations (accounts payable, tax, and payroll). You will be responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies, and ASPE.
- Oversee the general accounting function, which includes accounting policy, revenue recognition, financial reporting, balance sheet management, and related processes
- Oversee monthly, quarterly and annual and financial statements preparation and reporting, ensuring accuracy, and driving continuous process improvement
- Lead the consolidation of Mejuri financial statements to meet stakeholder requirements
- Research and recommend accounting policy in accordance with ASPE for the company driving global consistency while supporting business objectives
- Implement and maintain a structure of internal controls to ensure prevention of material misstatements in the Company’s financial statements
- Drive continuous improvement projects that mitigate risk and drive efficiency in work processes for the Finance team
- Oversee the completion of annual reviewed financial statements, including all key note disclosures
- Provide audit support including data requests & analysis related to external ad-hoc audits
- Maintain ERP Chart of Accounts and ERP optimization for the company on a global basis
- Lead Global Finance team training in accounting and policy updates, chart of accounts usage, and guidance for accounting close procedures
- Oversee and manage the accounts payable function, and supporting cash management, to ensure reporting accurate, timely data to the financial statements
- Oversee and manage the preparation of regulatory reporting and tax filings
- Oversee and manage the payroll specialist to ensure accurate and timely pay for all Mejuri employees while adhering to federal, provincial, and state regulations
- Oversee and manage other finance and administrative duties as required
- Coach Finance team members and support company-wide financial literacy
The successful candidate will have:
- Fully developed leadership skills to manage a team and influence teams across the organization
- CPA, CA designated with 7+ years of progressive experience of combined Public Accounting and Private Industry accounting experience within a multinational business
- Experience with supply chain, distribution, international e-commerce
- Direct compilation, preparation, and review of company financial statements (consolidated balance sheet and income statement, statement of cash flows, department reports, and management/investor reports)
- Ability to work through complex and ambiguous situations and to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to convey financial concepts and information to cross-functional team members outside of the finance organization
- Prior people management experience required and ability to form, lead, and develop high-performing teams
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
Working at Mejuri = Solid Gold
Mejuri aspires to not only inspire and empower our customers, but to build an inspiring, empowering and thoroughly modern workplace.
Beautiful, light filled plant and dog-friendly office
Competitive health, mental health, dental and vision benefits for you and your family
Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
Wellness - Private wellness/prayer/pumping room, and a lifestyle spending account for health and fitness needs
Parental leave top up program (80% for 4 months)
*Stay shining with a generous employee discount
Mejuri is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mejuri welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.