Lead Product Designer
Toronto, ON /
Digital Product /
Permanent (Full Time)
Mejuri is a direct-to-consumer approach to buying jewellery for the modern woman. We are about making luxury a habit – disrupting the traditional jewellery industry to make fine jewellery affordable and empowering women to purchase for themselves. Series B funded, and one of the fastest growing global digital brands, we are backed by strong VC investors such as Natalie Massenet’s Imaginary Ventures, NEA and Felix Capital.
We focus on perfecting every customer touchpoint, creating the best digital and offline experiences and content that is conversational and engaging. We are a team of designers, writers, technologists and strategists, and we are looking for someone special to join our team and help us make luxury fun and accessible.
“Mejuri redefines personal jewelry decisions” – Forbes
“75 per cent of Mejuri’s customers are women buying for themselves, and 30 per cent make repeat purchases each month. Among those filling their virtual baskets? Lizzo, Selena Gomez, Margot Robbie and Oprah Winfrey.” – British Vogue
We are looking for a visionary Product Design Lead to conceptualize and design best-in-class experiences from the ground up across all customer touch points. Reporting to our VP Creative Director, the successful candidate is expected to lead the future of our design efforts, create exceptional designs, lift our overall design quality, and lead our talented team.
As a Product Design lead you will work cross-functionally with product, engineering, data and business stakeholders to take our digital product to the next level in terms of brand relevance, functional design, innovation, and performance. All work you do will be rooted in data-informed and design thinking methodologies and will strive to always keep the user in mind to help elevate the experience with our product.
We are looking for a modern designer with experience that is highly agile with both visual design and interaction design. In all of your interactions – product managers, designers, engineers, marketers creatives and more - you'll advocate for what users want, need, and expect from the products we create. You're innovative, quick-thinking and you have the gift for making the complex clear. This role calls for a strong blend of strategic thinking and execution in a fast-paced environment – all while remaining laser-focused on results.
- Demonstrate a customer-obsessed mindset that spans every aspect of your work, including building out processes for gathering and applying user feedback, data insights, research to both your team’s designs as well as the broader product, engineering and Creative/Content teams
- Communicate conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually to partners across the organization
- Proactively identify design opportunities that enhance the customer experience and ecommerce KPIs
- Be hands-on to create detailed wireframes, visual design comps, user flows and journey maps to deliver holistic, end-to-end experiences for users
- Work closely with the team to define roadmaps based on product & technical requirements, that are aligned with our company vision and goals
- Research & Strategy, you will be the team lead for most website engagements, setting the tone for how interactive design and visual design will help Mejuri accomplish its goals
- Lead, mentor and inspire a growing team of designers, and be a design leader for partner teams and the broader organization
- Contribute to the definition and scope of project timelines
- Balance user research insights, business needs, innovation goals and specific platform demands to improve our products and delight our users through innovative design
- Collaborate with the entire Product Design team and participate in review sessions
- Monitor and have knowledge of wider industry UX/UI trends and relevant technology trends
- Advance our product design methodologies and processes including implementation of user-centered design (UCD) process and methods to digital solutions
- Bring data based decision making into the product design function and partner with Product/Data to measure success of design efforts
The successful candidate will have:
- 5 + years of design experience ideally in e-commerce or digital consumer products
- 1+ years of experience leading/managing a design team or equivalent experience through mentorship
- Strong knowledge of User Experience design processes and methodology
- Exceptional UX/UI design and possess bold vision/passion for great design
- Experience using analytics and user research to help make design decisions and the ability to balance quantitative and qualitative feedback
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates your experience, storytelling and design presentation skills
- Strong conceptual skills, detailed oriented with a deep understanding of composition, typography, and content storytelling
Working at Mejuri = Solid Gold
Mejuri aspires to not only inspire and empower our customers, but to build an inspiring, empowering and thoroughly modern workplace.
Beautiful, light filled plant and dog-friendly office
Competitive health, mental health, dental and vision benefits for you and your family
Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
Wellness - Private wellness/prayer/pumping room, and a lifestyle spending account for health and fitness needs
Parental leave top up program (80% for 4 months)
*Stay shining with a generous employee discount
Mejuri is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mejuri welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.