Operations Lead (Retail)
Santana Row, San Jose /
Stores – Santana Row Store /
Permanent (Full Time)
Mejuri is the category-defining fine jewelry brand designing high-quality pieces created to be worn every day. Feeling disconnected from an industry that typically markets to men, co-founder and CEO Noura Sakkijha leveraged her learnings as a third-generation jeweler to rethink the way women purchase jewelry—for themselves. In only seven years, and with a team of over 75% women, Mejuri has shipped over one million orders and opened eight retail stores across the globe, all while introducing new products weekly.
As part of Noura’s original vision to empower women to invest in themselves, the brand launched the Mejuri Empowerment Fund to support underrepresented women and non-binary individuals with the tools to empower themselves. Mejuri continues to reach new customers through exciting community initiatives and expansion into international markets, such as the UK, Australia and Germany.
We are a team of retailers, creatives, technologists and strategists, and we are looking for someone special to join our team.
The Operations Lead is obsessed with every detail when it comes to the customer journey and excels in data-driven decision making. The Operations lead acts as the advocate for retail inventory resolving any issues or roadblocks in-store. They will set the standard for operational excellence within the store and drive profitability by strategically organizing the back of house (BOH), and completing all other inventory-related tasks to maximize product sell-through and ensure the utmost inventory accuracy.
- Lead a memorable and exceptional customer service experience that focuses on building relationships through the Mejuri brand story.
- Stay informed and knowledgeable of all Mejuri products and latest launches, keeping the team informed as well.
- Flex as a stylist when needed and support the in-store customer journey.
- Execute tasks and assist in keeping the store clean and organized.
- Ensure all customers are presented with their products and thanked as the final step of the customer journey.
- Proactively request feedback from management on successes and areas of improvement. Take opportunities for training and development when needed.
- Receiving - ensure accurate and timely receiving of weekly inventory and POSM supply receipts while assisting in backstocking replenishment deliveries.
- Order Fulfillment - manage the BOH flow for retail sales originating from in-store sales, phone sales or Buy Online Pickup in Store, ensuring efficiency with packaging and order delivery standards.
- Inventory & Supply Management - Manage inventory accuracy, ensuring Sellable, Display inventory levels are accurate and overseeing all tasks for internal adjustments and transfers. Support all inventory count processes and execute measures to ensure inventory accuracy. Ensure order and/or product discrepancies are communicated and troubleshooted in the moment (and deploy cross functional HQ communication as needed). Complete all necessary documentation for shrink, monitoring reasons and taking action to reduce shrink where possible.
- Storage & Organization - Maintain organizational integrity of our BOH up to and including display inventory and sellable inventory, packaging, and all supplies.
- Technology Management - Ensure all technology is working and determine solutions when needed. Escalate issues to store management & IT if issues cannot be resolved in store.
- Partner with the Visual Lead to analyze key performance indicators and monitor stock levels to create a productive sales environment and determine actions steps to improve sell-through.
- Provide support to Visual Lead during implementation of retail campaigns.
- Follow up with execution deadlines for key VM initiatives to ensure deliverables are met in a timely manner.
- Support with the day-to-day maintenance of visual displays and product.
- Report any damaged display product or tools to the Visual Lead.
- Provide feedback to Visual Lead relating to gaps and opportunities.
- Support the achievement of store KPI’s, as defined by the Store Manager.
- Support operational systems & processes that enable the business to maximize results.
- Share consistent operational information between leadership and team members.
- Support training and onboarding for new team members, focusing on operational requirements.
- Responsible for managing the floor and customer experience when Store Manager is not present.
- Communicate any customer insights to Store Manager and Operations Manager.
- Responsible for answering all incoming phone calls and service the client, including managing phone sales. Responsible to ensure all voicemails are responded to within 12 hours.
What you'll bring to the team:
- Experience in a high volume retail environment.
- Experience creating standards and procedures.
- Adaptable with the ability to think creatively and quickly
- Excellent organization and analytical skills
- Critical thinking ability - identify potential challenges and develop action plans
- Physical requirements: Ability to stand for 8 hours, lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel.
- Must be able to work outside of regular hours on occasion including evenings, weekends & holidays.
Benefits at Mejuri:
• A minimum of two weeks vacation (for full time employees), plus personal days and three religious observance days.
• Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees.
• Semi-annual performance and compensation reviews.
• Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
• A generous product discount plus store credits.
Accommodation / Accessibility:
Mejuri does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, ancestry, colour, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, family status or marital status, or any other protected category recognized by provincial or federal laws.
Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application.