Social Media Manager
Mejuri is one of the fastest growing global digital brands and one of Canada’s fastest growing e-commerce companies. The world of retail is changing, and we have created a digital-first brand that connects with the new generation and makes it easy and affordable to own fine jewelry. We focus on perfecting every customer touchpoint, creating the best digital and offline experiences and content that is conversational and engaging. We are a team of designers, writers, technologists, and strategists, and we are looking for someone special to join our team and help us make luxury fun and accessible.
Mejuri, the Canadian-based e-commerce fine jewelry brand, redefines personal jewelry decisions” – Forbes
“Mejuri empowers women to buy diamonds for themselves.” – FastCompany
The Social Media Manager will lead the strategic creative vision for all social channels and platforms. The ideal candidate is required to set strategy and have the ability to manage the overall day-to-day business execution, long-term plans, and convey such to marketing and creative leadership. You must be able to demonstrate an elevated editorial aesthetic to grow Mejuri’s positioning across our social media platforms.
Our ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of organic and paid social media analytics and KPIs as well as creative best practice and platform nuances to support key business priorities, grow performance, and measure success. You will be well-versed across the social media landscape, with proven experience reaching target audiences with cohesive positioning and applicable paid strategies inclusive of influencer marketing.
- Support the design and implementation of a high impact social media strategy that increases brand awareness and supports marketing objectives while expanding audiences and increasing engagement
- Oversee the development of the content calendar and social-specific content production, ensuring brand priorities and strategy of the channels are met
- Oversee post creation for both Always On and Campaign initiatives across Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest and other channels as required
- Develops strategy for all channels, analyzes and interprets data; manages paid media budget
- Leverage tools and best practices to track, measure and evaluate of Social Media efforts against established KPIs - Analyze performance to produce digital and social analytics monthly reports, providing actionable consumer and creative insights to the business
- Actively participate in the creation of social media campaigns, sharing best practices and relevant benchmarks acting as our in house "social media expert"
- Monitor and report on emerging issues across our pages, subjects trending with consumers, competitive activity, and industry news
- Oversee monthly reporting in an effort to draw insights on performance and optimize tactics month over month
- Manages platform relationships, social tools, and vendors for best-case deliverables
- Participates and collaborates with internal, multidisciplinary partners across marketing, creative, events and PR teams, among others
- Motivate and manage direct reports, alongside partner with creative for projects and initiatives
- Manage yearly budget tracking and reporting
- You are an innovator and forward thinker. You have the ability to adapt to new ways of doing things quickly and efficiently
- Bachelor’s Degree or diploma preferably in social media, marketing communications or other relevant discipline
- Prior experience in fashion retail, whether brand, retail or or agency side
- 5+ years’ experience in applicable social media role; brand/agency retail or fashion experience
- Proficient across established social platforms, understanding both creative and paid media best practices and restrictions in order to develop and lead the day-to-day and long-term strategy
- An eye for detail and an analytic mindset, as it related to creative aesthetic and measuring performance
- Experience growing following organically
- Experience working in a high growth environment
- Experience working in a start-up would be considered an asset
- Proven experience delivering results within a complex and large organization
- Available for regular off-hour (weeknights and weekend) deliverables
Mejuri is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mejuri welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.