New York City, New York /
*ALSO OPEN TO SAN FRANCISCO*
Who We Are:
We are a fiercely independent ad agency that blends creativity and performance to build great brands. We call this approach Soul + Science. With offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago and Seattle, we serve as collaborative business partners to some of the world’s best brands including Peloton, Ben & Jerry’s, Jose Cuervo, eos, Alaska Airlines, Charles Schwab and OkCupid, among others.
Being a Mekanista requires a rare combination of being a weird, fearless and wonderful person who enjoys birthday cakes, well behaved dogs, and shared sensibility of family, respect and not taking ourselves too seriously.
Mekanism has been named to Ad Age’s A-List and twice to their Best Places to Work list. Most recently, Mekanism was named Independent Agency of the Year by The Drum and a Top 10 Most Effective Independent Agency in the US by the Effie Index. We have been profiled by The New York Times, Fast Company and ABC’s Nightline. Our campaign methodologies are studied by Harvard Business School.
● Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications
● Acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
● Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
● Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
● Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
● Conduct employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives
● Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise
● Maintain employee files and records
● Export regular and ad hoc reports from our internal databases (for example, headcount, anniversaries, and turnover reports)
● Help organize employee performance reviews
● 4+ years of HR or Talent experience
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
● Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
● Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.