Senior Art Director
San Francisco, California /
Who We Are
Mekanism is an award-winning, independent, full-service advertising agency made up of creative entrepreneurs. With offices in San Francisco, New York and Seattle, we serve as collaborative business partners to some of the world’s best brands, including Peloton, Alaska Airlines, Jose Cuervo, Ben & Jerry's, Amazon. Our creative approach to brand-building is best described as “The Soul & Science of Storytelling”: communicating a brand’s purpose with ideas informed by data and rooted in human truths.
We take great pride in making unconventional campaigns for brands in conventional categories. Our patented blend of storytelling takes a small army of Mekanistas to pull off. What is a Mekanista you ask? Being a Mekanista requires a rare combination of being a strange, wonderful and talented person who enjoys coffee, Ping-Pong and impromptu rooftop jam and workout sessions.
Art Director at Mekanism key purpose is to concept and develop the creative products Mekanism produces. This includes new business pitches, Mekanism internal (marketing materials) and existing retainer/project client campaigns. Our expectation is that you will strategize, create and execute innovative campaigns of a globally competitive caliber that achieve our clients’ strategic goals.
Under the guidance of CDs and in partnership with writers, Sr. ADs will take the Big Ideas and blow them out.
In the production process, ADs develop and design campaign elements across all media (i.e. social, web, print, etc.). Other task may include: castings talent, working with production companies, directors, designers, animators and printers.
ADs are charged with creating dynamic and well-designed presentation materials. Working closely with the Client Strategy/New Business teams to make sure all content (strategy/creative/syndication/etc.) is cleanly layed out and structured.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Responsible for managing and maintaining brand voice visually on assigned accounts/projects
• Meeting the Client Strategy/New Business teams to discuss client briefs and product background
• During the concept stage, work with Copywriters, Creative Directors to create high quality comps and campaign elements
• During the production stage, work with Copywriters, Creative Directors and Producers to develop mechanicals and other campaign elements
• Keep up-to-date on trends in graphic design, art, film, photography, popular culture and trends
• Develop engaging presentation materials
• Master InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
• Keep Creative Directors and Project Managers informed of current workload and any scheduling conflicts.
• Presenting ideas and discussing progress with the Creative Directors
• Attend shoots, press checks and edit sessions as projects warrant
• Casting talent for creative work as needed
• Overseeing campaigns visually through the production stage to completion
• Mentor junior designer and design interns by leading them in projects and reviewing their work.
• Participate in brainstorming sessions for projects as needed
• Accurately complete time sheets on a daily basis.