Senior Performance Analyst
Who We Are:
We are Mekanism.
We are a fiercely entrepreneurial ad agency that blends creativity and performance to build great brands. We call this approach Soul + Science. With offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago and Seattle, we serve as collaborative business partners to some of the world’s best brands including Ben & Jerry’s, Jose Cuervo, Alaska Airlines, Charles Schwab and OkCupid, among others.
Being a Mekanista requires a rare combination of being a weird, fearless and wonderful person who enjoys birthday cakes, well behaved dogs, and shared sensibility of respect and not taking ourselves too seriously.
Mekanism has been named to Ad Age’s A-List and twice to their Best Places to Work list. Most recently, Mekanism was named Independent Agency of the Year by The Drum and a Top 10 Most Effective Independent Agency in the US by the Effie Index. We have been profiled by The New York Times, Fast Company and ABC’s Nightline. Our campaign methodologies are studied by Harvard Business School.
Senior Performance Analyst
Reporting to the Associate Director or Manager of Performance
The foundation of all recommendations begins with data analysis where our dedicated team members ensure data quality and utility is of the greatest importance. The analyst role works closely with the Manager of Performance to align on reporting and analysis needs that need to be developed. This role also requires the ability to think strategically for the purposes of measurement planning and cultivating data utility. You will be exposed to a variety of data engagement points, including but not limited to direct measurement of user behavior, media, integration of research, synthesis of market data, and modeling of business results. Our internal teams often seek analytics input to inform prioritization of opportunities, hypothesis evaluation, and optimization efforts tied to KPIs. The ability to collaborate with other teams and apply flexibility is critical to success in this role.
Core characteristics and responsibilities
- Comfortable spearheading reporting templates, creating narratives from analyses, and creating client-facing presentations. Must have high appreciation for design and consistency.
- Define learning objectives, KPIs, and supporting metrics based on business objectives and design direction. Develop the measurement and tagging strategy required to deliver on that plan.
- An expert in a set of tools/platforms and shows interest in learning new skills. Capable of discovering underperforming areas and identifying opportunities to improve the digital experience.
- Holds experience in utilizing multiple data sources to develop analyses and business implications. Must be able to balance strategic thinking with technical rigor.
- Comfortable with client-facing presentations, aspire to build client relationships and consistently seek to show how analytics can be valuable in supporting other disciplines.
- Collaborate with other capability teams to inform design, content, marketing, and user experience development decisions
Technical Skills and Experience:
- 2 - 3 years of experience
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit and solutions oriented.
- Comfortable taking lead with assignments when needed and supporting others.
- Tell a comprehensive story of how users respond when they interact with our clients’ advertising, content and product experiences.
- Leverage a broad range of data assets to identify key learning’s and actionable insights that can inform strategy.
- Holds experience with brand measurement and planning.
- Participate in the analytics implementation and data validation process for new digital initiatives.
- Must be experienced with analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe, GTM, Tableau, SQL.
- Must have working knowledge of marketing platforms (DCM, MOAT, Adwords, FB, ...etc).Expertise in SEO and familiarity with tools such as SEMrush, Moz a plus.