San Francisco, California /
Who We Are
Mekanism is an award-winning, independent, full-service advertising agency made up of creative entrepreneurs. With offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago and Seattle, we serve as collaborative business partners to some of the world’s best brands, including Ben & Jerry’s, Amazon, Peloton, Charles Schwab, Weber, and Alaska Airlines. Our creative approach to brand-building is best described as “The Soul & Science of Storytelling”: communicating a brand’s purpose with ideas informed by data and rooted in human truths. We take great pride in making unconventional campaigns for brands in conventional categories. Our patented blend of storytelling takes a small army of Mekanistas to pull off.
What is a Mekanista you ask? Being a Mekanista requires a rare combination of being a strange, wonderful and talented person who enjoys coffee, Ping-Pong and impromptu rooftop jams and workout sessions.
● Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
● Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
● Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
● Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
● Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
● Conduct employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives.
● Create new accounts and manage access permissions in our HRIS system
● Process employee data like leaves and benefits and update HRIS system with employee changes or modifications.
● Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise.
● Maintain employee files and records.
● Export regular and ad hoc reports from our internal databases (for example, headcount, anniversaries, and turnover reports).
● Help organize employee performance reviews.
● 4+ years of HR or Talent experience
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
● Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
● Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.