Director of Influencer Marketing
San Francisco or Los Angeles /
Platforms and Media /
Who We Are:
We are a fiercely independent ad agency that blends creativity and performance to build great brands. We call this approach Soul + Science. With offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago and Seattle, we serve as collaborative business partners to some of the world’s best brands including Peloton, Ben & Jerry’s, Jose Cuervo, eos, Alaska Airlines, Charles Schwab and OkCupid, among others.
Being a Mekanista requires a rare combination of being a weird, fearless and wonderful person who enjoys birthday cakes, well behaved dogs, and shared sensibility of family, respect and not taking ourselves too seriously.
Mekanism has been named to Ad Age’s A-List and twice to their Best Places to Work list. Most recently, Mekanism was named Independent Agency of the Year by The Drum and a Top 10 Most Effective Independent Agency in the US by the Effie Index. We have been profiled by The New York Times, Fast Company and ABC’s Nightline. Our campaign methodologies are studied by Harvard Business School.
The Director Of Influencer Marketing is a highly curious, collaborative thinker. This will be a key member of the social media team, focused on our influencer marketing efforts. Director Of Influencer Marketing possesses a deep understanding of influencers, agents, managers, deal structure, and social platforms. You must have a passion for discovering new ways to execute innovative brand campaigns.
This role is tasked with (and requires) strong technical, service, team and business management skills. You must be able to operate independently as well as collaboratively in teams.
Desired results of this position: ensure client satisfaction, fulfill client objectives, and smoothly execute creative campaigns on social media platforms.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and implement and run comprehensive influencer marketing programs
- Collaborate with creative team to develop innovative influencer marketing campaigns
- Must be able to develop influencer briefs and approaches
- Ability to adapt tactics to an ever changing environment
Influencer Identification & Contracting
- Identify digital influencers relevant to campaigns
- Be able to identify, build out bios, provide overviews
- Leverage data as well as do manual research
- Establish key relationships with creators/influencers and management teams
- Foster and retain relationships with strong network of influencers
- Negotiate influencer terms and oversee contract negotiations
- Development of all SOW’s for digital influencer programs
- Act as client facing representative on digital influencer programs
- Communicate progress and status to the client and internal agency teams
- Track budgets and schedules to ensure deliverables are executed on time and on budget
- Oversee timely execution of campaigns
- Manage feedback from clients & reviews
- Keep influencers accountable, on track, and on brief
- Be resourceful, able to pivot as needed based on campaign performance
- Track campaign performance and deliver thoughtful insights and reports
- Have a passion for problem solving, creativity and brands
- Have at least 7 years of relevant social media/advertising/marketing experience, agency experience preferred
- Be versed in platform specific capabilities and executions
- Passion for the industry, competitive spirit, motivated to learn and grow
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills (copy edit skills a plus)
- Ability to keep pace with our fast moving production pipeline
- Calm and tactful under pressure, able to juggle many tasks at once
- Collaborative and outgoing, with strong leadership skills