Product & Engineering /
At Memfault we’re shaping the future of IoT devices with the first DevOps solution for embedded devices. We’re looking for an ambitious, highly motivated UX Designer to join our team.
Our company has decades of hardware and software experience from Oculus, Fitbit, Pebble, Intel and Google. We are backed by fantastic investors like YCombinator, Partech Partners, and Uncork Capital and recently raised a Series A of funding.
We offer full benefits (health, vision, dental, matching 401k), unlimited PTO, competitive pay/equity packages, and the chance to get in on the ground floor of a fast-paced, high-growth tech company.
- Be the first full-time designer on our team
- Work with the product team, engineers, and cutting-edge IoT companies directly to understand how Memfault is being used and what our users need to succeed
- Support our engineers in a wide variety of use-cases with explorations and prototypes for new interactions and data visualizations
- See your design work through from start to finish: sketch ideas and bring them to life via prototypes. Ship products and features that make Memfault better and more delightful to use
- Communicate both your design work and the support for your design decisions across the company
- An excellent visual and written communicator, able to clearly communicate your design work and the support for your design decisions
- Thinking in systems and component-based design patterns
- Experienced with advanced prototyping tools (e.g. Principle, Framer, Sketch, Figma, InVision)
- Able to prototype in HTML, CSS and TS/React
- Excited to learn more about the field of IoT, hardware, and embedded software
- A designer with 4+ years of experience designing and building data-centric user interfaces, visualizations and product language
- Bonus: experienced in language and concepts used in developer tools
- Keen on working in a rapidly changing, international, high-growth startup environment
- Caring and kind: other people do better when they work with you