Cloud Engineer - Systems / Data
Product & Engineering /
Memfault is the first observability platform for hardware teams. Today, hardware teams have little insight into how their products are performing, and what issues are driving the majority of field failures. Using Memfault automated cloud monitoring, companies such as Logitech, Whoop, and Verkada catch and fix issues in hours instead of weeks. Memfault was founded by veterans of Pebble, Fitbit, and Oculus, and is backed by fantastic investors such as YCombinator and Uncork Capital.
We are seeking a Systems Engineer to join our engineering team. Our tight-knit team manages a platform that stretches from the metal to the cloud and enables millions of devices to work without a hitch.
Our tech stack:
- Python, TypeScript, Node.js, React, Webpack
- PostgreSQL, TimescaleDB, Redis, AWS, Docker, S3
- Architect and scale our backend infrastructure and storage systems to accommodate tens of millions of devices (and more!)
- Work on an amazingly deep stack: firmware, operating systems, mobile, web
- Help bring modern development tools & practices to a whole software engineering discipline
- Ship code early and often to customers
- Have a major impact on our product, our infrastructure, our culture and our business
- A software developer with 3+ years of experience building highly available and scalable data pipelines
- Knowledgeable in developing software in Python (Django or Flask/SQLAlchemy a plus)
- Experienced with writing, debugging, and optimizing SQL.
- Experienced in designing scalable multi-tenant database solutions
- Experienced with ORM concepts
- Passionate about software, unit, & integration testing
- Excited to learn more about hardware and embedded software
- Caring and kind: other people do better when they work with you
We offer full benefits (health, vision, dental, 401k), unlimited PTO, and competitive pay and equity packages.