Marketing Events & Community Coordinator
Boston, MA /
Go To Market /
As the Marketing Events & Community Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for all elements of event management and expanding our developer community. Your creativity and resourcefulness in organizing and hosting successful events and driving marketing campaigns that meet business objectives will aid us in promoting our services, building partner relationships, generating excitement around our organization, growing sales, and amplifying brand awareness.
What you will do
- Coordinate and manage all elements of event management including securing booth registration, ordering exhibiting services, shipping booth materials, overseeing on-site and off-site logistics, abstract submittals, assisting in pre- and post-event marketing campaigns, and other related support tasks
- Source, negotiate and manage selected vendors and supplies to ensure event goals and timelines are met
- Create and manage our events calendar for trade shows, meetups, and other events
- Run the online swag store as well as oversee inventory and purchasing of our swag items, collateral, and promotional giveaways
- Work with product marketing and designers to develop creative assets like one-pagers, presentations, and other content needed for virtual and in-person events
- Assist with online events/webinars with administrative setup tasks, including internal and external event communications, digital invitations, registration pages, and post-event reports
- Plan and manage our first user conference
- Help build and engage with our developer community via current marketing channels (Slack, Social, Meetup, etc.) and drive initiatives to utilize new marketing channels
Why you may be a fit
- You are a strong organized project manager with a keen attention to detail plus the organization and ability to manage many moving pieces at the same time
- You have the ability to collaborate, build relationships, and drive results with internal and external partners, and at all levels of an organization
- You have a track record of success in planning and hosting events and conference sponsorships
- You have the ability to deliver an exceptional experience at or below planned budget
- You are able to travel to local and international events on an as needed basis
- You are looking for a role where you can have a direct impact on the company's success
Even better if you have
- Experience at a startup
- Experience in the B2B SaaS Space
- Planned and managed a technical user conference or other technical events
- Established relationships with third-party vendors for exhibit services, design, swag, etc.
- A passion for IoT and embedded hardware
- Basic graphic design skills
If you are hired into our Boston work location, the compensation range for this position is between $70,000 and $100,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary may vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. Incentives such as bonuses may be available for this position for the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
We offer full benefits (health, vision, dental, 401k), unlimited PTO, and competitive pay and equity packages.
We want you (yes, you!) to apply
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria — unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we’d love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
Memfault is the first IoT reliability platform that empowers teams to build more robust devices at scale. Today hardware teams have little insight into how their products are performing, and what issues are driving the majority of field failures, with Memfault they can operate with the same speed and agility as software organizations. Companies such as Logitech, Bose, Whoop, and Verkada use Memfault’s performance monitoring, device debugging, and OTA update capabilities to ship fast and build high quality products. Memfault was founded by veterans of Pebble, Fitbit, and Oculus, and is backed by fantastic investors such as YCombinator and Uncork Capital.