San Francisco, CA /
Go To Market /
Memfault is seeking an accomplished Sales leader to scale our 12-person sales organization. We are looking for somebody with experience scaling revenue and building a go-to-market machine at infrastructure software startups. With a category defining product in a new market, blue chip customers, and a repeatable sales motion, this role is key to taking our business to the next level. Our VP of Sales will report to the CEO and be responsible for scaling our sales function through hiring, training, and managing a team of Account Executives and Business Development Representatives. This position is in-office 2+ days a week in New York, Boston, or San Francisco.
- Gain familiarity with our ICP, product, and current sales process
- Get to know existing members of the team
- Take a fresh set of eyes to refining our pitch, refine our materials with our marketing team, and roll out changes to the team
- Learn the ins and outs of our technology to be credible with our technical customers
- Design and implement reporting, forecasting, and an update cadence for the sales organization
- Tune and improve our sales process to speed up cycles and improve win rates
- Roll out a training program for continued improvement of our sales team
- Grow the team and structure as you see fit
- Design and roll out territories and a sales compensation plan
6-month and beyond goals
- Collaboratively set and execute the long-term vision for the Sales team and contribute to company strategy
- Partner with Marketing and Customer Success to accelerate our overall go-to-market efforts
- Provide feedback to Product from the market to help inform our long-term expansion strategy
- Continue to iterate on training, process, team, compensation, pricing, packaging, and go-to-market strategy
- 10+ years Sales experience, with past experience growing sales teams at Series B and Series C startups;
- Track record of leading sales teams in developer infrastructure software and demonstrated followership amongst your teams
- Proven ability to hire in a startup environment
- Demonstrated ability to sell a complex, technical product
- Ability to internalize the realities of a new market and company and adjust both tactics and strategy appropriately.
- Willingness and ability to perform both strategic and tactical / operational tasks
We offer full benefits (health, vision, dental, 401k), unlimited PTO, and competitive pay and equity packages.
We want you (yes, you!) to apply
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria — unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we’d love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
Memfault is the first IoT reliability platform that empowers teams to build more robust devices at scale. Today hardware teams have little insight into how their products are performing, and what issues are driving the majority of field failures, with Memfault they can operate with the same speed and agility as software organizations. Companies such as Logitech, Bose, Whoop, and Verkada use Memfault’s performance monitoring, device debugging, and OTA update capabilities to ship fast and build high quality products. Memfault was founded by veterans of Pebble, Fitbit, and Oculus, and is backed by fantastic investors such as YCombinator and Uncork Capital.