Senior Data Scientist
At the forefront of farming and food, Memphis Meats is innovating new ways to produce real meat, without the need to breed, feed and slaughter animals. Our process begins with an animal cell, which is cultivated and harvested as meat. Memphis Meats is a mission-driven company focused on bringing to meat lovers an authentic product that is truly humane, sustainably produced, nutritious and delicious! We are now expanding our team of dedicated professionals across disciplines to make better meat for a better world.
About this Position
In this role, you will build the foundation of an effective multi-disciplinary organization and foster construction of a holistic data platform, making data broadly and contextually actionable for the company. You will construct user-centered data products for data query/visualization, experimentation facilitation, and ML-powered value generation. You will support community around collaborative data science and software engineering practices. You will be creating scalable robust data infrastructure to serve Memphis Meats far into its future with the team’s contributions serving as the company’s critical long term cornerstone for intelligence, automation, and collaboration.
- 5+ years experience with Machine Learning, analytics, UX (including data visualization), and data engineering.
- Experience leading a multidisciplinary software team within cross-disciplinary business settings.
- Understanding for how to build broad data literacy across an organization.
- History of developing practical business-aligned machine learning products.
- Proven track record in creating scalable data warehouse solutions with actionable insight generation, visualization, and user interaction tools.
- Exposure to software topics in biology, genetics, food, bioinformatics, and / or agronomy.
- DevOps / Site Reliability Engineering, high reliability software for industrial control, and/or information security experience.
Memphis Meats is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.