Mendix is a low-code app development platform:
First, what is low-code? Low-code is a visual approach to software development that enables you to abstract and automate every step of the application lifecycle. Gartner predicts that “by 2024, low-code application development will be responsible for more than 65% of application development activity.” Mendix is repeatedly ranked a Leader in analyst reports from Gartner and Forrester. In the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant for Multiexperience Development Platforms, Mendix placed at the very top of the Leaders quadrant.
Mendix, the global leader in enterprise low-code, was created to promote collaboration between Business & IT teams. Thousands of forward-thinking companies around the world like Ford Auto, Rabobank Netherlands, Zurich Insurance, and Red Bull, can unleash their best ideas faster with the help of the Mendix Platform.
Mendix is a Siemens Business:
Siemens is a Top 10 Global Software Company and a leader on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World! With the acquisition of Mendix in 2018, Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enhance the digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics meet the future of innovation. Mendix employees have the opportunity to work in a hyper-growth environment with the support of Siemens’ unbeatable market position and resources.
At Mendix, we’re on a mission to reinvent the way applications are created. By abstracting the development process and enabling everyone who has a stake in an enterprise’s digital future to participate — business analysts, web developers, software engineers, even CEOs — our customers create better applications faster. Our goal is simply to create the future of software development.
We are investing in our momentum by expanding the Documentation Team with professionals who are willing and able to help push us towards that goal. Mendix Documentation plays a key role in how our community takes advantage of our products, and in R&D, we treat documentation as an essential part of the development process. As the Mendix Platform grows, our documentation needs are also growing.
We are looking for a Technical Writer capable of comprehensively learning Mendix and documenting features, improvements, dependencies, known issues, and everything in between. If you are experienced in technical writing and want to make a difference for tens of thousands of developers in the Mendix community, we need your experience to take our documentation to the next level.
Our team is open, respectful, and driven to provide comprehensive documentation to our customers with a consistent voice. We are a team of varied backgrounds and talents, and we enjoy problem solving and digging into complex linguistic, business, and software issues. We actively advocate for customers to use the Mendix Platform to its full potential through interacting with our content. Our documentation system is open source, so we encourage contributions from both inside and outside of Mendix to promote collaboration.
If you strive for clear communication and want to work with a dynamic and focused team, then apply to be a Mendix Technical Writer.
You'll help Mendix drive digital innovation by...
- Learning how to use the Mendix Platform in order to provide our global developers community with user-friendly documentation.
- Taking ownership of documentation for specific platform components and becoming an SME for that documentation.
- Learning our tools, processes, and standards while promoting our values of accuracy, transparency, and collaboration.
- Collaborating with Developers, Product Managers, and members of the Mendix community to draft, edit, and verify documentation.
- Creating documentation that fits into the whole Mendix user journey, which means collaborating with other teams working on training and UX writing.
- Addressing and resolving Mendix community feedback.
- Keeping up with product roadmaps and the business in order to determine documentation needs.
- Staying proactive by looking for opportunities to improve the documentation wherever possible and by continuously learning how to excel in your profession.
You are the innovator we need if you...
- Have 4+ years of technical writing experience and the ability to translate complex technical ideas into text that is accessible for a global audience.
- Have experience in a software development context that you can utilize in your work, especially if relevant to one of the following areas:
- o Application development: https://docs.mendix.com/refguide/
- o Cloud: https://docs.mendix.com/developerportal/deploy/
- o APIs: https://docs.mendix.com/apidocs-mxsdk/
- Understand how to use Git and Markdown for documentation purposes.
- Have used Jira or other project management tools.
- Excel in collaborating across various teams and departmental boundaries.
- Are self-directed and able to find answers, use resources to learn about the product, and follow style guidelines to keep the documentation standards high.
- Are well-organized and flexible and can manage your time and workload well.
- Have a curious and inquisitive mind, a willingness to learn, and an ability to fail fast to keep moving forward.
- Have a passion for language and technology with strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Speak and write English fluently at a near-native level.
- Are a resident of the European Union.
We look forward to hearing about what you can bring to the Technical Writer role at Mendix!
Feel free to include writing samples or provide links to your writing portfolio.
Working for Mendix and with our Customers means your reliability has to be beyond any doubt, and therefore every employment is subject to an onboarding screening and the condition precedent a Certificate of Conduct is provided that demonstrates you did not commit any offences that are relevant to the performance of your function.